Thread: X-Fi Titanium: lost speaker sound from audio playback devices

X-Fi Titanium: lost speaker sound from audio playback devices

I have been having this problem for two months. Regardless of used drivers once in a while during normal PC use I suddenly lose all sounds. When I check audio playback devices I only see two things there.
    • spdif
    • internal AUX connector

While for normal use there should also be "speakers “and no AUX since I have disabled it as I don't use it. when this problem happens I still see "creative sound blaster" device in device manager but I can't click on audio console or any Creative software as it says "no supported hardware detected". no reboot or restart fix this but it's enough to reinstall drives to fix whole situation till it happens again few days later, most of the time it happens when I play no sound. Please help me.

re: X-Fi Titanium: lost speaker sound from audio playback devices

I have found one more report about such behavior on the web, but there speakers was lost permanently no matter what user did he couldn't get the card to working condition. I have also done some extra research, if I disable speakers myself then I still have sound (since I use SPDIF) but no Creative application is working with "no supported hardware detected" error just like when the error hits me. But when this problem hits, sound via SPDIF is lost as well. It's ok since I moved the card to other pci-e, but it's too early to say it's fixed. if this fails I'll switch to my old PCI X-Fi Music which I only switched for Titanium to get spdif AND mic at the same time which is impossible for almost perfect X-FI Music card

Over in the other thread I have posted that I have cured the problem for now by uninstalling the sound card drivers as of the device manager after that rebooting the computer. It is detected like a new device and Windows installs drivers which work for now. So can also do the same and see if this helps you. There hare more chances that installing the driver will resolve the problem and you can check this matter for sure.

If you simply uninstall the drivers without deleting the software (little checkmark in the uninstall dialogue), the same drivers will be installed again after detecting the device because Windows stores a copy of every driver you install. So what happened to you is what most of the users here described. The device works for some days, then the outputs disappear (except the SPDIF-Out?!) and when you reinstall the drivers it will work again for some time. For now, this seems to be the only way for the Creative Soundcard to "operate". Furthermore it is absolutely normal, that if you switch to onboard sound the running programs (e.g.winamp) still don't produce any audio output, because they save the output device until you select another one.

The sound driver that is installed in your computer is seems to be faulty and that that is the main root behind all these issues. If you also think so then you can simply uninstall the existing driver from your computer and install that again. If that gives you the same result then you can search for the latest driver release and install that to your computer. I have seen some of the cases like this where installing the latest driver resolves the issue and I hope that it will do the same for you as well.

Re: X-Fi Titanium: lost speaker sound from audio playback devices

The first thing that you need to verify in the cases like this is that whether you have enabled the integrated sound card as well as ati sound card. If that is not enabled then also you will not get the sound from that. If that is the case then just enable that and it will take the sound back. I hope that this will resolve the problem that you are facing. If you are facing the problem after this as well then you can reply back so that we can give you some other solution.

Re: X-Fi Titanium: lost speaker sound from audio playback devices

Any known fix for this? My X-fi Titanium HD card just started doing this same thing and I have had it for several months with NO issues whatsoever on two different motherboards.

Win 7 64 bit
    asus p5q deluxe with Q9550
    gtx 275