Thread: On HP 6500 E709n black vertical line when using the feeder

On HP 6500 E709n black vertical line when using the feeder

Hey all, I ma using the new HP 6500 E709n before few months and it was working fine. But now I am getting some problem while using this printer. While scanning or printing the documents in this printer I am getting black vertical line down the center of the page. This line appears on the page every time when I am scanning or printing the documents. This problem is not occurring if I lay the originals directly on the glass, this thing is only happening while using the feeder. And I am new to search the problem s on the forums, so I am getting confused with how to get the proper solution on the forums. So if you have the proper solution about this problem then please reply me back on the same forums.

Re: On HP 6500 E709n black vertical line when using the feeder

In this case I will suggest you to check your printer for making sure that is there is something blocking the light path while paper feeds through the ADF. I think that there is some paper or plastic which is blocking the path of the light to reach at the paper while scanning or printing. And that thing is causing the black line. And also in this case I this that if ther is any problem with the CCD of the scanner, then due to it there will be the black line when scanning from the glass. I am working with the HP printer from the so many years and I never get this type of the problem. Try with this solution and reply me back the solution.

Hey friend, thank for your reply. According to your reply I had tried to my machine and I see inside out trying to see if there is something in there causing this problem, but at there I found nothing with this and still I am getting the same problem. If you having the any other good idea about this then please reply me again.

I have the exact same problem. I am using the HP Photosmart C4780, and with this printer I am also facing the same problem. While scanning the photo and printing that photo. any solution will be great in this case.

Hey, if you tried with the solution and it not worked in your case then I will suggest you that there will be some problem with your Print Cartridge. Try to check that and tell me about that if it is working or not. If you can then try to change the Print Cartridge, and see what is happening to your problem. Now I am sure that this problem will not appear again.

I get it to only when using the feeder. It appears that the black line is caused by the bar that moves across when making a copy. It is very aggravating for my small business. I need a fix or repair from HP to prevent this from happening. What can be done? And one more thing about this problem is that, this line appears only when I am trying to scan or fax using the feeder. In this case I think that this black line appears due to the bar that moves across when making a copy. And also this thing is very aggravating to my small business. What can I do in this case. Is there is any need to repair or fix the HP to prevent this from happening. If you have any solution about this then please reply me. My printer is still in the warranty period, so can I take it to the service center for the solving the problem?

I think that, If there is static interference, or loose connections with the product, this can result in bands or lines in the copy, fax, or scan output. To resolve this issue, check the product connections and reset the product.
    • Make sure the product is on, and then disconnect the power cord from the product.
    • Disconnect the USB cable from the product, and then disconnect it from the computer.
    • Reconnect the USB cable to the computer, and then reconnect it securely to the product.
    • Disconnect the power cord from the wall outlet, and then reconnect it to the wall outlet.
    • Reconnect the power cord to the product.
    • Press the Power button to turn on the product.
    • If these steps resolved the issue , you do not need to continue troubleshooting.
    • If the issue persists , see the next solution.
    • First make sure that the product is on and after this disconnect the power cord from the product.

You can also solve the problem using the following steps:-
    • Run the clean print cartridges utility
    • Press the Setup button.
    • Use the arrow keys to select Tools and then press the OK button.
    • Select Clean Print Cartridge and then press OK . The device prints a test page.
    • Examine the test page. If the print quality of the page is good, stop here. If the print quality is bad, go on to the next step for further cleaning.
    • Open the Printer Toolbox . There are two ways to do this:
    • Open HP Director , select the Settings menu, then the Print Settings submenu, and finally the Printer Toolbox .
    • If the HP Director method does not work, open Printers and Faxes in the Windows Control Panel , then right-click your printer icon and choose Properties . Click on Printing Preferences . Click the Services tab, then the Service This Device icon.
    • The Printer Toolbox opens. On the Device Services tab, click Clean the Print Cartridges , then follow the on-screen instructions. Up to three levels of cleaning are available. Discard or recycle the page that prints.

Yeah, thanks for your reply. I tried with the steps which you have given to me and finally it works in my case. Now my printer is working fine and I am not getting that error again. Thanks again.