Thread: Error:"printer not found" while scanning pictures in HP officejet 6500 E710n-z

Error:"printer not found" while scanning pictures in HP officejet 6500 E710n-z

Recently I had bought this HP officejet 6500 printer from HP center. I installed the driver for this printer, which I got from this printer. Printer works well but when I tried to scan the file that time it showing some error like “printer not found” I am using window vista. I think there is some problem with window vista but I am not sure. so friend can you solve my problem. Thanks for your suggestion.

Re: Error:"printer not found" while scanning pictures in HP officejet 6500 E710n-z

I think you have not changes settings in HP driver software. Try to change settings, which I am recommending you:
    • Open HP officejet software icon, which is install in your computer.
    • In that window, you will notice option “see scanner option”.
    • Under that option there should be a hyperlink saying “Activate Scan to Computer"
    • Click on that link and it should start working.

Re: Error:"printer not found" while scanning pictures in HP officejet 6500 E710n-z

Following limitless hours of soul-sucking troubleshooting with HP's claimed "Technical Support" I figured out how to in any event restrict this situation down myself and spot a fix that works. I have found that the checking situation shows itself just if either the printer OR the workstation is associated to the arrangement via wireless. The explanation is to TURN OFF the satellite radio and joins to your arrangement via an Ethernet link. Then attempt to output with a machine that is joining to the grid in addition via an Ethernet link. Note that this should NOT work if either connection-printer to router or machine to router-is interfacing via wireless; both associations should be via Ethernet link. This is clearly a programming situation that HP has not and will never alter. So if it is extremely unlikely to associate your AIO to your router with an Ethernet link (e.g., if the printer is in a better room) you are SOL and should to possibly attempt an additional printer, as HP will never settle this.

I think the driver, which you have installed for HP officejet 6500 E710n-z is not properly install or it could also be happen that the driver is full of bugs. When you try to install the driver disk that time, you thought that there is only software for both printing and scanning but that is not true. There are two different drivers, which is compress in one setup file so that when you install driver that time both driver install at a time. So that when you install that driver only one of the driver is install is also for printing not for scanning. So try to reinstall the driver disk.

In common, depending on if, you would be able to convey with the printer's inward site page, then we know that system connectivity between the printer and the workstation is working. From this focus, situations with either checking or printing (or both) are undoubtedly allocated to the SW establishment on the PC and entirely frequently, the situation is identify with impedance from the security SW on the PC, for example firewalls (Norton/Symantec, Zonealarm, McAfee, and so on) and antivirus projects. The proposed might be actually testing to intention and I make a point not to have an effortless respond in due order regarding this class of situation. My recognitions are that HP printer SW works well with some firewalls (newfangled stuff from Norton/Symantec and Windows case in point) and works defectively with others (Pandora case in point). One uncommon key that a significant number of clients have had accomplishment with is to reinstall the OS on the PC. This puts the PC into a known, clean state however. I try not to get a kick out of any chance to prescribe this as a result of every last trace of the work included for example recovering imperative archives off the hard drive, reapplying every last trace of the Window upgrades when the OS reinstallation and reinstalling all your provisions.

When I got this problem, so that is why I search on internet about this problem and I found simple solution. Therefore, I am posting this solution so it will help the user who is facing this problem. Block the printer in through USB and allow window vista to install the driver, it should have address the SD port on the HP officejet 6500, and then you allocate a drive later on. Put the SD card in the port then start the printer and start the scan button it will inquire you to choose a driver, but you have set it up earlier. Start scanning it will scan to the SD card. Then you will find windows open the drive and you will watch “scan” folder.

I had similar issues with a non-wireless model. I called HP and their solution was not to plug the printer into a surge suppressing power strip, but to plug directly into the wall. The fixed the problem.

You said that you are using window vista and I am sure that you have installed driver, which you got with the printer. There is only one solution try to update your driver software through internet or you can install new copy of driver, which will be previously compatible for your HP 6500 printer.

You said that you are using window vista and I am sure that you have installed driver, which you got with the printer. There is only one solution try to update your driver software through internet or you can install new copy of driver.
    I have facing same problem scanning as well as one more problem previous I can use printing but this time I cannot use printing also. Therefore, I have tried to update the driver but I am not getting update option in my HP 6500 driver window. Therefore, I have decided to install new copy of this driver but I did not know where I could download or get this driver.

I agree absolutely with the demand for a fix. I too have a wireless network and connecting via a link is not a choice. I have had several amplified chats with HP tech underpin, their best-equipped proposal-restart my workstation unfailingly I should output. It will sweep once, but in the event that I endeavor back-to-back outputs, the feared "output lapse" happens while in the middle of checking the second report. There is nothing unique in the method of framework arrangement (windows XP, and so forth). Tech uphold did not award the symbol on the desktop key, nor could they evaluation this tech back discussion as I incidental. I am not sensible in my desire that ALL methods of this machine act as promoted.

I have facing same problem scanning as well as one more problem previous I can use printing but this time I cannot use printing also. Therefore, I have tried to update the driver but I am not getting update option in my HP 6500 driver window. Therefore, I have decided to install new copy of this driver but I did not know where I could download or get this driver.
    Sorry friend not posting the detailed information about the driver solution. Simply you can get this driver from the HP service center or you can visit HP official websites and there you just set your printer model no. and they will display you link for downloading. Just click on that link and you will be able to download this driver for HP 6500 printer.