Thread: HP Officejet Pro 8500 wireless Envelope printing

HP Officejet Pro 8500 wireless Envelope printing

I have an old 2750 that had an "envelope" slot in the output tray which is used to take single envelopes. That was convenient. My fresh out of the box new 8500 had no such "space" and it shows up I need to uproot all paper in the tray to put a specific envelope in! That doesn't bode well to me, but I essentially cannot recognize any "single envelope" space at whatever place! Is there a strategy to print a specific envelope with the officejet expert 8500 wireless without needing to utilize the paper tray itself?

Re: HP Officejet Pro 8500 wireless Envelope printing

This took a small chance to resolve , Remove the paper and you need to have a place to put your envelopes , it is not as advantageous as your old printer with the particular space but it works , utilizing Word select Mailings and after that envelopes and make your envelope template utilizing the Envelope alternatives then select the Printing Options and select the Feed system relying on the one you utilize you could need to select the Scale to Paper size in your Printer alternatives , Hope this aides it worked for me and in reality did an exceptional work without sticking any envelopes first time .

This Officejet Pro 8500 wireless is the first HP printer I've purchased following various Epson & Canon printers which were effortless to set up, had emphasizes enjoy disconnect envelope feed and worked perfectly (When I headed off to purchase an additional Canon and let the salesman convinced me into this "fantastic bargain" on the HP). I didn't even think to inquire this gadget would be able to print single envelopes; it’s quite a standard expectation. It's impossible that the planners 'forgot' this feature; it should have been a conscious choice by HP to run off this feature. The absence of a single envelope feed is not my only disappointment, I'm not a beginner user but the scanner took hours to set up and still works sporadically, I lack the capacity to get the wireless reciprocity to work. I would be able to go on. I'll never purchase a different HP.

The width of an envelope X2 is 81/4". Fold two envelopes length-wise and tape them along the non-fold edges. Center an envelope on a piece of 81/2 X 11 card stock as it would feed into the printer. Snug the two folded envelopes against the centered envelope so that there is a 1/8" margin between the outside edge of the folded envelope and the edge of the card stock.

The width of an envelope X2 is 81/4". Overlap several envelopes length-wise and tape them in the non-overlay edges. Center an envelope on a piece of 81/2 X 11 card stock as it could feed into the printer. Snug the several creased envelopes in opposition to the focused envelope with the intention that there is a 1/8" edge between the outside edge of the overlaid envelope and the edge of the card stock.

Stick the overlaid envelopes to the card stock in this position. When the paste is dry, place this guide on top of the paper in the paper tray and put the envelope in position. Print your envelopes one around then. It's not an amazing result but it beats purchasing an additional printer.

I need to concur that not having an envelope feed space is all in all odd for a printer that is positioned as a SOHO printer, but mine did join the second paper tray on the bottom so I keep the top tray purge and set up for my envelopes and it works particularly well that method.

I actually do the same thing I did with my L7780. Slide the envelope in the right side of the paper tray on top of the paper with the fold up and left. I utilize Office Word to print my single envelopes, so it prints fittingly but the 8500 takes a sheet of paper curious to see what happens while printing the envelope.

• Select a new document in Word 2007 and select “LETTER" doc (not envelope) Set the left margin to: 0.1875 (yes that's small!)
    • Set the right margin to: 1.5
    • Set the top margin to: 2.1875
    • Also set the bottom margin to: 2.1875
    • Turn on the network so you see your work domain.

The network might be turned on under the "View" menu and afterward check the Gridlines checkbox. In the event that you keep down the "alt" key you are able to move objects (like words boxes) without having them snap to the grid.

Yes I agree, first make your envelope then afterward print. Basically what you are doing is tricking your printer to think you are printing to a letter when truly you are printing to an envelope. I need to print 1000 during that timeframe so it was do-or-pass on seeing I actually purchased this printer and adoration how rapidly it prints in color; specifically on the draft emphasize.

At first I need it was a product issue with Microsoft Word 2007, on the grounds that the rendition of Word 2003 I might print borderless. In any case I then made an envelope in Photoshop and attempted printing borderless. With a fresh spin it could make an edge on both the alternate and right side that was simply over 5/8" of an inch. Indeed, the definite edge size is 0.6875".

Thank you to you for providing necessary solutions. I for the most part love HP items, but this most recent printer has been a test (in spite of the fact that it does all items I normally require it to do).

Quote Originally Posted by Felix46 View Post
    • Select a new document in Word 2007 and select “LETTER" doc (not envelope) Set the left margin to: 0.1875 (yes that's small!)
    • Set the right margin to: 1.5
    • Set the top margin to: 2.1875
    • Also set the bottom margin to: 2.1875
    • Turn on the network so you see your work domain.

The network might be turned on under the "View" menu and afterward check the Gridlines checkbox. In the event that you keep down the "alt" key you are able to move objects (like words boxes) without having them snap to the grid.
    Thanks so much! This solved my problem fast and easy!