Thread: HP OfficeJet 6500A Plus is not printing wirelessly from iPAD, iPHONE and MAC

HP OfficeJet 6500A Plus is not printing wirelessly from iPAD, iPHONE and MAC

In my HP OfficeJet 6500A Plus printer I am facing some problems from last few days. Now whenever I try to print anything wirelessly using windows XP at that time it worked fine but when I try to print wirelessly from my MAC book or my iPhone at that time it doesn’t print. Please tell me what I should do to solve this issue.

Re: HP OfficeJet 6500A Plus is not printing wirelessly from iPAD, iPHONE and MAC

I have read your problem and first of all I will suggest you that you should first check whether Mac filtering turned on in the router settings or not. if it is turned off then you have to turn on first and you have to also check whether you have firewall in your MAC book is not blocking the connection. first check about this few things and after that let me know what the result is.

Re: HP OfficeJet 6500A Plus is not printing wirelessly from iPAD, iPHONE and MAC

Have you tried to solve this issue by updating the firmware of your printer? if you have not tried this solution then you have to first update the firmware and after that your problem will get solved.

yes there is a new firmware is available for HP OfficeJet 6500A printer and it will give you better connectivity for your printer and that is why I will first suggest you to try to solve this issue by updating the firmware of your printer and after updating the firmware you will not get any issue. to update the firmware you have to do following steps.
    • First you have to press the setup button from the printer control panel.
    • Now after that you have to select the Web Services Setup
    • After selecting the Web Services Setup you have to select the product updates option.
    • Now printer will automatically check for the firmware update and install that also.

after you do the firmware update you have to try to connect your MAC book with your printer wirelessly and after that check whether you get any issue or not. as far as I know you will not get any issue after doing the firmware update.

If you want to work with air print you have to make sure that you are wirelessly connected and Internet Printing Protocol is turned on.

Thank you for helping me after trying your above given solution I have tried to solve this issue by doing the firmware update and after doing the firmware update my problem get solved. now as you have mentioned in your post that for airprint I have to turned on the Internet Printing Protocol but I don’t know how to check that please tell me what should I do to solve this issue.

As you have said that you don’t know about how to check whether Internet Printing Protocol is turned on or not and that is why i will help you with that. to check this you have to do the following steps.
    • First you have to open your browser.
    • Now after opening the browser you have to input the IP address of the printer which will load the Embedded Web Server.
    • Now after that you have to click on the network tab.
    • And after clicking the network tab you have to click on the advance setting.

After clicking on the advance setting you have to click on the Internet Printing Protocol and you have to make sure that it is enabled.

I have done exactly same steps which you have mentioned and your above post and I have enabled Internet Printing Protocol. Now after enabling the Internet Printing Protocol when I have tried to print the documents from my iPhone at that time it worked fine.