Thread: HP OfficeJet J6480i is not detected in lion

HP OfficeJet J6480i is not detected in lion

I am using MAC book pro and in my laptop I have recently installed lion and after installing thar when I have tried to use my HP OfficeJet J6480i printer at that time my laptop is not able to detect the printer. now please tell me what should I do to use my printer with my laptop.

Re: HP OfficeJet J6480i is not detected in lion

First of all I would like to tell you that if you are trying to use your old HP software in your Lion operating system then it will not work with lion. First you have to first install the latest HP print driver, HP fax driver, HP Utility, HP scan driver and after doing that your laptop will detect the printer properly.

If you don’t know about how to update the printer software and drivers for lion in your MAC book pro then I will help you with this. First you have to connect your printer with your laptop and after connecting your printer with your laptop you have to click on the apple menu and after that you have to click on the software update. Now after clicking on the software update it will check for the software update and after that it will give you option for the update now or install. Now select the update now or install option and after completing the update you have to restart your laptop. now after restarting the laptop you have to check whether your laptop is detecting the printer or not. as far as I know by doing the software update in your laptop you will be able to use your printer and after that you will not get any problem.

I have already tried to solve this issue by doing the software update in my laptop and after doing the software update I have also installed updated drivers in my laptop but after that also I was facing the same problem. Now please tell me what I should do to solve this issue.

I think you should try to solve this problem by resetting the printing system in your laptop. Sometime by resetting the printing system in our system can enable the laptop to detect the printer. Try this solution and then late me know what the result is. You have to also make sure that you have connected your printer with your laptop properly.

If you want to reset the printing system in your MAC book pro then you have to follow this steps.
    • First you have to go to the system preferences.
    • Now after that you have to select the printer and fax option.
    • After doing you will get the option for the reset option after doing right (control) click on the printer list.
    • Now after resetting the printing system you have to try to add the printer again and after that you will not get any issue with your system.

While adding the printer you have to also make sure that you have all the latest drivers for your printer.

In my laptop there was similar problem was occurred and after that I have tried to solve this issue by reinstalling the drivers and all the HP software’s and after that also I was still having the same problem. now after that I have reinstalled operating system in my laptop and after that my problem get solved. I think you should also try this solution.

I totally agree with the above post sometimes because of the operating system issue also this type of problem can take place and that is why I will suggest you to try to solve this issue by reinstalling the lion operating system in your laptop. in your problem you have mentioned that this problem have started after installing the lion operating system in your laptop. You can also indentify this problem by connecting any other printer with your laptop. first connect any other printer with your laptop and after that you have to check whether you are able to use that printer or not. If you are facing the same problem after connecting any other printer also then I think there might be some things wrong with your operating system only. if after connecting any other printer if you are not getting any problem then I think there might be something wrong with your printer only. try this solution and after that let me know what the result is.

I have rei8nstalled Lion in my laptop after referring your reply and after reinstalling the Lion when I have tried to use the HP OfficeJet J6480i printer at that time it worked fine. thank you so much for helping me and giving me this solution.