Thread: HP Officejet 6500 Ink, Cartridge, and Printhead trouble

HP Officejet 6500 Ink, Cartridge, and Printhead trouble

I have HP OfficeJet 6500 wireless printer and now I am facing problem on it. Its fails to recognize the cartridge blue I have tried to get the solution but still unable to tackle the problem and I don’t understand is it why this is happening does any on here has the clue

Re: HP Officejet 6500 Ink, Cartridge, and Printhead trouble

Hi one question I want to know that you said it won’t recognize the blue cartridge does it gives particular error regarding this

Quote Originally Posted by Yitzchak909 View Post
    Hi one question I want to know that you said it won’t recognize the blue cartridge does it gives particular error regarding this
    no the error is not appearing on the screen it actually visible while printing when the color not mixed up with other color say for example I was printing something yesterday some document which has some then on gray color and for making the color printer need to mix magenta with the blue but when I print the documein I see only magenta color and the blue color was missing from it I even reprinted the document but it’s still showing the same error all other color work fine the only problem arise when blue color is involved

Did you checked the ink level is it proper you can do this using HP Solution Center check the level of blue ink if it’s full or empty

I am not familiar with the HP solution can any one tell me step by step process for checking the ink levels

Don’t worry I will guide you through just follow this instruction
    • If you using Window XP click start -> All program -> HP -> HP Solution Center start it
    • If you are using windows Vista or 7 click Windows icon -> All program -> HP -> HP Solution Center start it
    • After HP Solution Starts up click setting
    • Then on print setting click toolbox
    • On toolbox there will be Estimated Ink Level tab its display in a graphic on the computer

Then you can check the level of ink in the printer

I think there is problem in vent if the cartridge has clogged vent try to clean that vent with the PIN I thinh you vent blocked please take caution before performing it may damage your cartridge

Problem solved apparently it was vent clogged problem now everything is working fine thanks for suggesting me that

Appreciate that mate I am glad that I help you with the solution hope your printer work fine in the future

The new black 920XL cartridge may not be getting air into the top! At the bottom of the black label just below the HP letters there is a 1/4 inch round depression, cut away the label to allow the cartridge to breath.
    After replacing the HP 920XL with a new cartridge and getting only one or two prints, I discarded my printer and bought a new one, only to find that I had the same problem, now I am out a hundred dollars! Both new cartridges in the package had the same problem. Hope this save someone some time and money.