Thread: network device was note detected by HP printer - Software

network device was note detected by HP printer - Software

We have an HP MF1522 MFP which is working fairly as a printer since we've had it - of course I at first installed it the older fashion. However when I was trying to install it via the HP software it was not able to notice the network printer (even though I can connect to its IP address with no issue, or print over the network as well). This means I cannot use its feature of network scanning which is something I was trying to look for. Apart from linking it to one machine via USB so that it may use the scanner, does anyone know if there is a way to detect the scanner over the network?

Re: network device was note detected by HP printer - Software

I am having this exactly same issue and installed the software which I had downloaded from the HP site and the only way to make it work is when M1522 is linked using the USB cable. The HP network diagnostic is running fine. I can print fine using the network wired connection. No one at HP is accepting to have conversation on this even if it is a totally fresh PC. Printer has exceeded warrantee period so they are putting this excuse that no help until you pay.

You can Try checking their website I am sure they has a utility package that I don’t exactly remember what was that but one of my friend solved the similar issue through that and I guess yours will be too. All the best!

hello all, I did discover that it’s been hit & miss, but I somehow was able to manage to lastly get it installed onto two systems. At first after installing it on my system I was unable to install it anywhere else. I them deleted it from mine and then for similar purpose it was installed on a different machine and then back on mine again! That sounds Crazy, but they are having at least one machine at least having access to the scanner.

I just have had installed M1522 wired networked printer and the system I am having is HP with an OS Windows 7. The installation was fine. Then I switched onto a fresh HP desktop pavilion, the same issues persisted where 10 times, and it now installed fine and I was able to scan a document OK. I had used the similar software for both the PC.

Try Reloading the windows. Otherwise just leave it until next time you need to reload.

HP Install Network Printer Wizard software is packaged with a lot of printer CDs and is in fact part of the installation procedure for many printers. It is suggested to use the printer CD first for a network installation. I want to know that had you done that. Make sure that you do that

HP Installing Network Printer Wizard 3.05 will requires the following:
    • HP Jetdirect print servers must have a firmware revision of x.03.16 or greater 15 MB of at least on hard drive.
    • Windows 98, at minimum.
    • The PC must be having the TCP/IP and/or IPX/SPX protocols installed (IPX/SPX
    • NetWare 5.x and 6.0 (Queue Server Mode)

I think In this case you should be downloading and updating the drivers that must solve your problem.

And have you attempted to print from your additional computers? Do you know the IP address of the Printer? if so, you can enter an http://ipaddress and search for it that way (bottom option). Are you aware of the network configuration? All linked via Ethernet, through a router or switch.