Thread: How to clean Canon IP6000d print head

How to clean Canon IP6000d print head

I am using the Cannon Printer IP6000d from the past several months and it was working very well since that. Now the printing quality seems to be decreased and the reason for this is about the print head. How do I clean this thing? I have looked through several guides but I don’t know whether they are the right one or not.

Re: How to clean Canon IP6000d print head

Only in recent years used Canon's new, permanent print heads, which are recognizable by the black or gray color. These print heads are only available as spare part and must be ordered. Usually does not cost a new print head, or slightly less than a new printer. Before that were mostly semi-permanent print heads used. These are available as consumable cartridges in addition to many computer and office supply stores and must be replaced from time to time.

First, you should check the cartridges. Seated correctly in the cartridge print head? Are the corresponding slides completely removed? Is it likely to substandard ink foreign (especially with cheap ink, and there are often problems), this is the culprit. With original ink dries, the print head so easily. So it is advisable to first use original ink. Further experiments with foreign or second printing ink can destroy the print head final.

• Must remove the print head
    • Unscrew below the print head removed (two screws) the black block
    • Color distribution
    • Dive for a quarter of an hour in the pharmacy and alcohol stirring from time to time the block removed
    • With a syringe to inject alcohol in all original block removed and the holes in the base (who receive the cartridges)
    • Ensuring that the liquid is flowing on the other side.
    • Then perform at least two automatic cleaning process for openings in the print head.

That head is a dirty market, in every sense. It is possible that costs what a head 2 / 3 of the printer or even more. That is, to be honest, I'd change a printer cartridge that throwing a whole only for a poor head can be easily replaced.

There are special print head cleaning fluids for sale but for severe constipation that does not sometimes. If the test pattern print nozzles are missing lines or white streaks, clean the print head. With the plungers cleaning the injectors and the print head returns to normal. Note that cleaning the printhead, the ink used is stored in the ink absorber. The procedure [Print Head Cleaning / Head Cleaning] consumes ink. Do this only when necessary.

The Powerklin Ink can clean and unclog the print heads. It cleans the heads Epson pressure-depression for greater efficiency. The Powerklin Ink is an innovative product that will overcome the ink deposits on your most recalcitrant printer heads. Deconstruction of ink, this product does not degrade the copper or plastic, but dissolves the ink. A printer from Epson is used to unclog clogged nozzles without disassembly, thanks to a flexible applicator included in the kit. Works with both black ink with the ink color. Works with all inkjet printer technology and compatible with Canon, Epson, HP, Lexmark inkjet printers etc.. Product manufactured by Inkjet-Service.

Do not use tap water use distilled water, agiua key has too many impurities, the easy way to clean is to put a tissue moistened with distilled water in the area where you park the head, thus the pressure and the wet handkerchief achieved partly by removing the layer of dried ink without having to act more as the head, of course after you do the same but with a slightly damp tissue to remove excess liquid. Then do not do head cleaning is most useful to print a full color photograph, if you Google you have the give. The idea of this procedure is to avoid wasting ink unnecessary and if you realize that just prints well enough to stop the printing process.

I don’t think that you need to open up the printer head and clean it by yourself. Sometime the printer’s software has the option to clean the print head automatically without removing it. If you are unable to get this option then you can do it on Windows also. I know step on windows XP:
    • Make sure the printer is on.
    • Click Start, then Settings, then click Printers.
    • Click Start, choose Control Panel and Printers and Other Hardware, and afterward click Printers and Faxes.
    • Click the right mouse button on top of the printer icon and choose Properties.
    • Click the Maintenance tab, and afterward click the Cleaning or Deep Cleaning. The contents of the Maintenance tab and actions might diverge conditional on whether you make use of Windows 2000 otherwise Windows XP. Follow the instructions in the messages posted by these operating systems.
    • Each message that appears, click OK. Monitor printer status automatically opens. It closes as soon as cleaning the print head is finished. The green power light flashes during the cleaning process.

The ducts of the Canon are cylindrical heads. If there is sufficient ink, the pattern of Nozzle Check not prints appropriately then only goes for cleaning the print head. Otherwise just replace the FINE Cartridge (FINE Cartridge) if the amount of ink remaining is not enough.

Like most printers, so also have the Canon printer models of many useful functions. Also to clean the print heads. As soon as you notice the print quality declines, it can be the print head from Canon printer can be cleaned automatically.

That does not help, of course, you should check whether there is enough ink in the cartridge. Color is enough in the tank, it is not uncommon that the nozzle is from the print head clogged. In most cases you can solve this problem easily. A nozzle can clog when not used for a certain period of use. Because it may happen that there is residual ink in the nozzle, because of the drying. At a pressure test, which is started several weeks or months, the old ink in the nozzle clogged the print head. This problem may perhaps appear not only in a print head from Canon. But since I work primarily with products from Canon, I just want to tell you from my experiences.