Thread: Need cpu cooler for ASRock Z68 PRO3

Need cpu cooler for ASRock Z68 PRO3

Recently I have purchased a new computer for my home. My computer is working absolutely fine. I like to play games on my computer and hence sometimes the temperature of the cpu rises little high. I am a bit scared that this might someday crash the system. Once I was playing a game on my pc and suddenly the system rebooted. I assumed that it was something related to the heat. So that day I decided to install a cpu cooler. I am having ASRock Z68 PRO3 motherboard. So I want some good cooler for my cpu that will help things run smoothly and prevent form any heating issues in future. I am considering COOLER MASTER Hyper 212 Plus, ZALMAN CNPS11X Extreme. Any suggestions regarding this would be highly appreciated. Thank you in advance.

Re: Need cpu cooler for ASRock Z68 PRO3

Well firstly I would ask you to mention complete specifications of your system. You have only mentioned the name of your motherboard. Actually it doesn’t only depend upon the motherboard but other computer components must also support the cooler so kindly reply to the post as early as possible.

As you have mentioned that you are looking between COOLER MASTER Hyper 212 Plus, ZALMAN CNPS11X Extreme, then I would suggest you to go for COOLER MASTER. It has rubber feet so that resonance is prevented. Below I have mentioned the specifications of this cooler, kindly have a look.
    • CPU Socket Support: 1366 / 1156 / AM3 / AM2 + / AM2
    • Dimensions (length x width x height): 120 x 79.7 x 158.5 mm
    • Weight: 626g gram
    • Material: Aluminum
    • Size of fan: 120 mm
    • Fan Speed: 600 - 2000 RPM
    • Fan Noise: 13 to 32 dBA
    • Connector: 3-pin
    • Air travel: 21.2 - 76.8 CFM

Cooler Master Hyper 212 Plus is a good budget cooler that comes in hand. On the contrary, if you do not have hard overclocking plans and if you are just going to use as a normal user and looking for cheaper PC cooler then in quiet way I would recommend you to go for Cooler Master Hyper 212. The CNPS11X Extreme box is relatively small and not as good as the Cooler Master. You can purchase the cooler master online. For this you just need to login in amazon and ebay website. You can place a order over there and the cooler will be delivered to you within 15 days. There are many offers given check them out and place the order.

I would suggest you to go for the Zalman CNPS11X Extreme for your ASRock Z68 PRO3 motherboard. This cooler is not much expensive and is available at a price around 60 dollars.

Well I had bought a new system with sandy bridle Intel processor and now I’m planning to install the cooler master Hyper 212 Plus in my system. I want to ask whether the Hyper 212 Plus compatible with Sandy Bridge unifies processor. Would I be able to get it fitted in my system with sandy bridge? Please suggest me regarding this as I’m bit confused whether I should install it or no.

Why are you keeping your options so limited. You have many options to go with. I would suggest you to go for thermaltake cooler. I have installed thermatake cooler. It usually makes use of all the aluminum cooler and has a fan of medium level. The price of this cooler is really very cheap then the other in the market.