Thread: Transcend storejet 320gb hard drive very slow copy/paste

Transcend storejet 320gb hard drive very slow copy/paste

I have a transcend store jet external hard drive of 320GB . It has been working properly for last one and half years. Before three months it showed some kind of problem when connected to my laptop with ice xp operating system-sudden disconnection and auto play with in 30 seconds without any external disturbance.
    On one afternoon of the last month the copy/pasting from and to the device became too slow from 10-15MB per second to 600-800 KB per second- For the last 6 months the average content was between 200-240 GB data on it. Now the drive is not displayed with other drives in computer with XP OS. But when connected to windows 7 there shows the drive in device manager as "storjet" .Still there is no icon of drive and the data access is not possible

The drive has not get any damage and my utmost faith is that it is never being even dropped. I changed the Cable to check whether the problem is with cable or not - But there is no progress- Again changed the port and connected about to 30 computers in my computer lab including Ubuntu OS.

I approached the service center nearest-actually they are only franchisee and there was no service. They said that they will sent it to company and will be replaced- But I actually need data recovery. Can it be possible?

Re: Transcend storejet 320gb hard drive very slow copy/paste

It seems that the drive is failing so the only solution is to get it replaced as it is in the warranty period, as it looks like by reading from the above recommendation by the company. And to recover data, there are many software or even companies who can recover data from the hard drive, but you will have to pay extra penny out of your pocket for same.

Re: Transcend storejet 320gb hard drive very slow copy/paste

Thanks for your valuable suggestions