Thread: While Bios post error occurs saying 3rd master hard disk error press F1 to resume

While Bios post error occurs saying 3rd master hard disk error press F1 to resume

Hello friend I have been facing problem with some error like 3rd master hard disk error when I am trying to press F1 and it says that insert media and boot. I don’t know anything about this problem and I am expecting some help from you guys please help me by suggesting something about this guys please

re: While Bios post error occurs saying 3rd master hard disk error press F1 to resume

Well I think there are many reason for this error to occur and I wonder that which one has been a culprit for you and I would say that this can be the problem because of the Sata cable or the hard disk or may be the motherboard is faulty and then you need to make out which one is the actual problem creator you can check it out by interchanging the parts with your friends and check out who has been the problem and then according to that you can take the action.

re: While Bios post error occurs saying 3rd master hard disk error press F1 to resume

I don’t think that this error would be because of the hard disk and all. As far as I can think off is that the hard disk has nothing to do with this. And the actual problem which needs to be taken care is with the BIOS setting and you need to change them first I would be saying that try making it as the default and see if that is helping you out and I hope that would be helping you out. And than I would be saying that this is because you must have configured 3 hard disk in the BIOS setting and you would have not been connected to the third one and that’s why is has been showing the error and you just need to simply disable that option in the BIOS and the problem is solved best of luck.

Let me try one of a small help and see if this would be helping you out just go to the sata configuration and then enable it and then put the sata1 as the CD/DVD Drive and then the sata 2 as the hard disk and then select the hard disk as the first booting device and also disable the 2nd boot device which is cd/dvd drive.

Thanks to all of you but a special thanks for the Erubiel who has helped me to get out of this problem the trick worked friend problems solved.

ohmy Re: While Bios post error occurs saying 3rd master hard disk error press F1 to resume

I got the exactly same problem. wondering how to "disable that option in the BIOS" please? which option? Thanks!

Re: While Bios post error occurs saying 3rd master hard disk error press F1 to resume

Quote Originally Posted by danham View Post
    I got the exactly same problem. wondering how to "disable that option in the BIOS" please? which option? Thanks!
    Do you have configured 3 harddisks in the BIOS settings. And you have not connected the third hard disk. (You have DVD and 1 hard disk connected in your system). You should remove the setting in the BIOS and DISABLE the third harddisk. This will vanish the error during booting. Is it a ide drive by the way?

Re: While Bios post error occurs saying 3rd master hard disk error press F1 to resume

I press F1, it goes to CMOS Setup Uility, then i go to Advanced BIOS Features, did not find the 3 hardfisks settings. What is ide drive please?

Quote Originally Posted by danham View Post
    I press F1, it goes to CMOS Setup Uility, then i go to Advanced BIOS Features, did not find the 3 hardisks settings. What is ide drive please?
    Ide drive's are nothing but ide hard drives that are old hard drives compared to Sata hard drives which are new. Seems that due to some wrong jumper settings the 3rd hard drive is not getting detected. To rule out HDD failure, plug the suspected HDD into a machine that is fine and see if the HDD is spinning, and is the HDD accessible.