Thread: Need HTPC configuration ranging 10k – 15k

Need HTPC configuration ranging 10k – 15k

Hello friend the configuration I am having is

AMD Athlon(3500 939) processor.
    XFX 4350 AMD Gfx card graphic card.
    1Gb ddr1 Ram
    Dell 22" full HD monitor.

Now what I am thinking is the processor is fine but I need to upgrade my and I need some help and my budget is around 10k to 15 k so please help me out of this. Please help me or suggest something over my configuration?

Re: Need HTPC configuration ranging 10k – 15k

Well looking at your system I think you don’t need a change everything seems to be fine and I think 1080p movies do run nicely in this configuration because I am having the same one and I haven’t found any problem till now and I am loving this config and would be staying until this would be causing me real trouble I wonder why you need a change? And if you tell me what’s the problem then may be according to that we can suggest you where the problem can be.

I am having problem with what you said, you said that the 1080p movies has been running fine and what I have found in this syetsm is that it isn’t working fien with me and that’s why I want a change and it has been constantly lagging and I just mostly want to see movie in this mode only so I need to change the config. And now what the problem can be if the same thing is working in your system and not in mine what to do?

Just clean you your system and see if it is helping and ya I forgot to tell you that there is a bit difference in our system and that is about the ram if you would be changing that to 2 gb I think the problem would be solved and just take care more of your system I mean just clean it and have constant scan and all and keep it awake always and use some application which keeps searching for the bad sectors in your pc and keep them removing up and try to use the application which uses less memory in background and everything would be running fine. For sure.

Hey it think the problem is with the single core Athlon this seems to be bit old you need to change this one and then you can just stick to it but increase upto dual cores like
    Athlon II x2's
    and that would be very fine and I think your problem would be solved. And it would be under your budget though if you need a change for your board than you can select something like
    Gigabyte GA-H61M-D2-B3 or MSI H67MA-E35
    and according to that you can get the ram and then the problem would be solved just tries them out and I am sure you would like it.

I would like to suggest to go with the AMD Fusion platform and with it just try out the MSI E350IA-E45 and it is very cheap you would get it into your budget and then the ram can be corsair XMS3 1333 Mhz, 2 x 2 GB and I think you would get a flawless config and you can enjoy it.

Looking nice too many options now and so according to you guys only the processor and then ram should be changed. Ok so that would be affecting a good reduce in budget and i would be loving this very much and i was thinking that if i would not have to change the complete system then the budget would be affected a lot and i wanted that itself anyways so Kickapoo i would be going with you and i can even change my motherboard too so that my new processor would be supporting it nicely.