Thread: Unable to see user interface of western digital my book live

Unable to see user interface of western digital my book live

I'm using WD SmartWare in Windows XP and Firefox. I cannot perceive the user interface. I have not see that when I obtain http://mybooklive/ in the web browser? Even then click Open and WD Smart Ware Dashboard and obtain a browser error. I mapped the drive and I cannot perceive the files that way. Please help.

Re: Unable to see user interface of western digital my book live

You can also run the software, go to Start> Programs> WDSmartware.Also when you click the icon in the manager Smartware (bottom right corner of your PC) that will give you options to safely remove and Smartware will have to click the option Smartware then software will open.Last but not least, you can go to the computer and run the software on the VCD (if you have passport and older) or unit of the same (there is an exe file to Smartware there)

The Firefox browser says "Unable to connect Firefox can not establish a connection to the server at localhost.".But I guess it does not matter since I have Smartware and access files on the mapped drive.

Well, the error is "Unable to connect Firefox cannot establish a connection to the server at local host."
    local host is your team. And this is strange, because that's what I try to connect to local host if you are trying to connect to the MBL? One answer is that you are trying to connect to a proxy on local host and cannot. Trying to set Firefox to connect directly to the Internet so you do not use any proxy.

I have the same trouble. Last night I could get in. Currently cannot access the drive and access to the files o.k. Smart Ware software sees the drive but cannot reach the interface. Please don’t pin on the computer itself always .There obviously problems with this unit. This is my second and it gives me a very hard time.

If you can access ssh, try following the instructions in the firmware announcement thread and update the firmware to the latest version (unless you already have).