Thread: Western Digital My Book Live is not working with OS X Lion DP4 and Time Machine

Western Digital My Book Live is not working with OS X Lion DP4 and Time Machine

The My Book Live [1 TB] does not work with OSX DP4 lion and Time Machine. Time Machine can see the "Time Machine" My Book Live-disk backup but no backup. I get an error: "The disk backup network is not compatible with the necessary characteristics AFP.Are there plans to update the firmware to make this accessible in the future?

re: Western Digital My Book Live is not working with OS X Lion DP4 and Time Machine

Apple has made changes to the AFP. This will need changes to Netatalk. Unluckily, while Lion is still in development, Netatalk will not be completed. We have to stay until it is out of Beta for updates.

re: Western Digital My Book Live is not working with OS X Lion DP4 and Time Machine

We at present have numerous devices My Book World Edition NAS of our network, and I'm about to approve the purchase of a major number of WD 6TB NAS devices. We place this on hold until the compatibility with OS X 10.7 Lion can be determined. As currently drafted, the latest release of firmware for these devices is not compatible with the lion.

Is likely to not have it before OSX Lion is released, but we have a solution. We have a firmware update coming in the coming weeks, but do not contain the solution Time Machine. It is likely that this firmware update will be sometime in August (depending on how quickly they tried it). We found that the freedom the code works, but like I said, not tested.

As for the old WD NAS product, this will be a case by case basis if we have a solution in the Lion. There are no guarantees here, since this requires different resources from different teams. This is the best information I can give at this time.

I've been patiently waiting - from July 1 when I upgraded to OS x Lion. I have now backed up my Mac for 20 days, makes me feel very uncomfortable. I bought my beautiful MBWII again a couple of weeks before they have had a previous smaller model for more than a few years, and I cannot make use of at all. I thought a lion was launched today it would be first-class news for us trustworthy clientele. Please help us all solve this difficulty as soon as possible.

Just put Lion os I have made a backup Time Machine before running the installation and found to not connect. Luckily I found this thread to know why. I have a My Book World Edition 1 TB that I bought at the same time as my Mac a few months ago, exclusively for Time Machine, so I hope you will come up a solution to make it work again. They have no problems connecting to the participation of others who set there though.

This is not exactly true. I can connect with my private actions by assembling the part, as a server. In the Finder Go -> Connect to Server -> Click on the clock to fresh server -> choose MyBookLive auto filled address my system with afp: / / MyBookLive .Then choose the part I want. Ask me to attach, and I'm golden. In the Finder's sidebar looks like a mount drive. I used to do this to unite to SMB shares on the network as well.

The point was that it was an open source module that the developers decided not to launch because they wanted to be paid for their work to continue to support the code. This was a change in policy developers. They saw this as and chance to establish earning money as all companies inadequate to support NAS now Lion has to come to them. We support this; nevertheless it was late in the game (end of month) that this has happened.

We had to work through contracts, support agreements, etc. in order to access this code. We have it at home, and running, but as I mentioned before, will take a couple of weeks to get released. The next release of the next week and was planned long ago. I’m trying to be as transparent as I hate to see these issues that WD does not care or that this is unacceptable. Certainly, we understand and are committing to do this. Just hang in weeks!

Well, interpretation all this, we will be patient and stay for a suitable solution. For now - depending on the size of the network / the backup requirements - some precautions straightforward but effective enough to save your work files in some other - portable - storage device / chip / DVD. This is just a fact of things that happened. Claimants, once well, we'll learn all the ways this (again) not to install everything the first day something is available. Above all, not all computers in a network situation. If you want to see what an application has to offer, try to isolate the "day to day work."

Perhaps one of those WD can check to see if one of the blocked authentication .methods that do the trick. Unfortunately, my main machine cannot do the time machine because the service is blocked mds vigorously as it tries to scan my files.

Re: Western Digital My Book Live is not working with OS X Lion DP4 and Time Machine

There was a change in the AFP protocol. It's not like they did not provide developers Leon based long. In this case, neither Apple nor Western Digital is the culprit. Apple must be able to update their protocols. It is your job to make sure those 3rd party solutions to labor with your software. And Western Digital is based on Netatalk, so until Netatalk updated to support the new version of AFP was not much to do. Things change, new versions of operating systems out, and things lose support and require upgrades. It’s how things work in the world computing. Using an external drive, as the rest of us and wait there until the update for the My Book out.