Thread: Network Link of 1TB of western digital my book live is down

Network Link of 1TB of western digital my book live is down

western Digital my book live with 1 TB has troubled me lot from last 1 month. I wanted to know if someone has received a warning in the control panel, saying: The network link has been reduced or has become intermittent .kindly check your network connection. I find no problem in the network. My router is a Linksys WRT54G, but there seems to be the problem. When trying to connect from different computers sometimes the device shows no link out and it suddenly starts working again.

Re: Network Link of 1TB of western digital my book live is down

Just today as a matter of fact, the first time. I had copied a little over 40 gigabytes of DB files to it, and that's when it started happening. I have my MBL to send email alerts, and my Blackberry started going NUTS.I had to restart the MBL to get him to shut up. But in my case, I was really falling off the network.I started PING from my desk would be unresponsive for 5 to 10 seconds and then resume, and e-mails that arrive.

I am also getting this problem, but has only started happening since I updated the new firmware. The MBL is connected to a Belkin Wireless G router. Any idea I'm pretty stuck.

I'm seeing the same problem. Restart and shut down have not helped. MBL device is dropping its connection to the net so often that Acronis or Windows 7 backup can successfully backup system. These two programs are able to absolute effectively in other NAS on the same network. No other system or device on the network is experiencing this difficulty.

I cannot say if this problem was occurring before the last update, when I installed a couple of weeks MBL prompted me to update the firmware. The update is carried out before any backup is attempted.
    Any help with this problem would be greatly appreciated.

I wanted to write back and say I had this error for about 5 months, although lastly was capable to correct it. I had to set aside an IP address from my router to the My Book, and then I went to the network arrangement of the My Book and generate a static connection for it, commencing the DHCP connection this has now taken my Book to a level improved communication and enhanced network performance.

This can be more specific on how to reserve an IP address on the router to the My Book. And how do you create a static connection to the connection from DHCP. I do pretty decent with computers but I'm not familiar with the details of the networks. I have a Linksys Wireless-N Router Giga (WRT310N).

I just bought a 3 TB MBL. I have a WD Live TV Hub. The unit installed without problems. At first I could see the network and assign a drive letter in my computer. Then I updated the firmware and now I am also getting this error message. The unit is no longer visible on the network. WD has sent a message of support.