Go Back   TechArena Community > Hardware > Hardware Peripherals
Become a Member!
Forgot your username/password?
Register Tags Active Topics RSS Search Mark Forums Read

Sponsored Links

Blue Light never comes and Green Light Continuously blinking in my WD My Book Live

Hardware Peripherals

Old 29-08-2011

Blue Light never comes and Green Light Continuously blinking in my WD My Book Live

I was using western digital My Book Live for several months without any troubles. When no devices were access the drive to stop spinning and the LED turns blue. Finally, the light turned red overheating and stops the drive, reboot, etc, by means of the hope that this solves the difficulty sorry to say, no luck - the LED keeps flashing for several hours after restarting green. I have not changed the data on disk for weeks. Any ideas?

Old 29-08-2011

Re: Blue Light never comes and Green Light Continuously blinking in my WD My Book Live

Try this. All the reset button is not clear the password "admin". Reset the root secret word to "welc0me" contained in the NAS for your DHCP IP address and resume the NAS. Neither more nor less.

Code:
NAS:~# cat /usr/local/sbin/resetButtonAction.sh
#!/bin/sh
#!/bin/sh
#  2010 Western Digital Technologies, Inc. All rights reserved.
# resetButtonAction.sh
# This is called by resetbtnd whenever the reset button has met the criteria for a reset.  This script implements the actions for the reset button.
#PATH=/sbin:/bin:/usr/bin:/usr/sbin:/usr/local/bin:/usr/local/sbin
logger "reset button pressed, invoking reset actions"
# remove owner password
owner=`getOwner.sh`
modUserPassword.sh ${owner}
# set root password back to default
echo "root:welc0me" | chpasswd
# set network to dhcp
setNetworkDhcp.sh
reboot
Old 29-08-2011

Re: Blue Light never comes and Green Light Continuously blinking in my WD My Book Live

So I tried to run the full diagnostic test, but after a couple of hours back the "lost connection" error code (my Internet went out during the year). Strangely, though, the moment he began testing the light stops flashing and was growing green. Now the disc appears to be behaving normally, and blue light had returned. Let's see how long it lasts.

TechArena Community > Hardware > Hardware Peripherals
Tags: , , , ,