Thread: PC Shuts Down After A Few Seconds

PC Shuts Down After A Few Seconds

HI, I have recently purchased a new machine and don’t know what thing went wrong as I am not able to get it start properly, because whenever I start, it just reboots after few seconds.

As far as I know all the hardware that I am using is perfectly ok as they all are brand new. when I was installing the operating system I didn’t get any such error which indicates such a things, thus I can surely assume that the OS is also installed perfectly.

Any suggestion to resolve this would be appreciated.

Re: PC Shuts Down After A Few Seconds

I think you should try to make sure that the PSU that you are using is perfectly ok because generally shutdown only occurs when there is some problem with the power supply or any other hardware such as RAM is second most common issue after PSU, thus you should make sure that they are working perfectly.

As it was just mentioned about the hardware but together with that there are too many issue associated with the software’s as well. I mean to say leading to any software failure can also cause such a problem, thus make sure that all the software that you have installed in your machine is working perfectly without any hesitation.

The most common issue with the software is caused because of the video drivers thus we should check them first before anything and you should make changes for sure if there is any problem with the current one as you can download and install the new one or simply make a update o the current one. And after that do the same thing with other drovers and necessary softwares.

I am agree with the above user as I was also having the same problem in the machine as I had actually made a mistake over there as I dismount video card from the machine and later I came to know that the Video driver is causing the problem, thus make sure that the video card is also inserted properly.

After that you should try to ensure that all the connection to the motherboard are perfectly made

You can simply make use of the manual that is provided to your while you made a purchased.

I think this is just because of any viruses that has actually infected your machine, thus the best option would be to give install the good antivirus software in your machine, and if suppose you are not even getting the time to install that you should try to do that through the safe mode.

It sounds like you have a system problem, not a virus I think if suppose you are still having the problem.

The usual causes for random shutdowns are:

> Overheating activate auto-shutdown to protect the CPU;

> Power supply departing bad.

> Memory module going bad.

According to me you should try to make sure all the hardware working perfectly, as you can test them all one by one, but still you should not try to run the machine till it gets perfectly ok.

It might be possible that there could be some Issue with operating system that you are using in your machine

thus I think you should try to reinstall the operating system again, as this may solve the issue.

Your trouble can be due to several reasons, maybe the power supply of your PC, maybe the power switch is not well attached to the motherboard, etc.

Also you have to be cautious with the high temperature of your PC, if your PC is comparatively new you can look this assessment in the BIOS of your PC, while the system starts press “del” (It may differ) and enter in the BIOS, there must be a place to look this information’s.

Along with this you can ensure your motherboard credentials to know where this information is and what are suggested settings for the temperature and CPU fan sped.

If you are sure that your system seems to run fine, and just shuts itself off after a random time the according to me you should check out the working temperature of the CPU. Make sure that the fans are working on the power supply and the CPU's heat sink.

if suppose you are still having problem with the machine and you find any hardware to the be the reason then you should hire a engineer and make sure they are working perfectly and if suppose you find any fault in that you can simply get replacement for that if you haven’t exceeded the warranty period.

Hey thanks really it is working again, without any problem.

But how did you guessed it as I did almost everything known to me but didn’t get the proper solution to this. anyways thanks a lot for the suggestion you have made over here.