Thread: Cannot set sleep mode for Western Digital My book live

Cannot set sleep mode for Western Digital My book live

I bought a My Book Live about three weeks ago. I love it and it work like charm, except for one issue: She never goes to sleep. That is set to go to sleep after 10 minutes. But even if my computer and play station still running off after 30 minutes. The green LED flashes every 10 seconds. And the unit makes it sounds as if the read / write. Anybody who can help me to overcome this issue.

Re: Cannot set sleep mode for Western Digital My book live

Try this. Turning off all devices, just unplug the cable from the LAN MBL. Observe if it go to sleep Mode.

The similar problem I have with my device. That never sleeps, even after 10 minutes (this option is set in the software). Looks like something wakes up constantly - LAN indicator keep flashing, and sounds hard disk to read / write (although there was no active operation!). When you disconnect the LAN cable - the device go to sleep mode after 20 min.ASUS WL-520GC Router, to make use of a static IP. Any help is appreciated!

I had the difficulty with the two latest versions of firmware (including the current version). I also had an earlier version to but I'm not sure exactly which version it was. I did not add media to the unit recently. I also tried turning off remote access but to no avail. True, I did not restart the unit after turning it off - maybe I should try. Even when the computer is off, the unit is awake.

I've connected to an Apple AirPort Extreme, and the notice (as someone else above) that there is an intermittent communication between the AEBS and the unit as indicated by the flashing LAN. Flashes 2-2 time every 8 seconds or fewer. nevertheless leave it off (standby) when not in use and I guess when the WD is Live TV outside the network connection is no longer active? I will also try to disable the link EOP and disconnect the WD Live TV to see if that solves the problem.

With the new software version 2.0, re-encode your pictures. You may see that he will not sleep until a couple of days if you have a great collection of photos. Also, if you have an open source web browser on the dashboard of My Book Live, you can avoid going to sleep as the site code of the unit periodically polls for the state.

Do not make use of the LAN LED as an indication of something precise. Even the network broadcasts that are not directly related to the MBL will make the led to flickering.

My 3tb My Book Live no longer sleep after the last two firmware updates 2.x Nothing else has changed on my system and I have not made major changes in the disc's contents. The green light will stop blinking when nothing is happening, but will no longer spin down and sees the blue light. I have no photos apart from for some album art linked with music files. I have remote access turned off. I am assured that all devices can use the hard drive or contact is turned off. I'm not running through a switch, just directly to the router.

This is definitely a problem created by the new firmware. My drive slept very well until I installed the firmware 2.x. It can be the problem with photo processing, because I have none, to speak of. It can be the problem because remote access is not on. And yes, I have set to sleep after 10 minutes in the configuration, so I turned off and back again to observe if I could make a difference - it did not.

We have thoroughly tested this version of the dream for both the inmates have changed. I'm not sure you can assume that there is no problem but if there is, let's face it. You can do what he has done and run a top of the device to see what is happening. As you can see it is still transcoding photos. As I have said many times before here, this process can take days (probably took a week to encode my 25K + photos).As Miocrawler, however, is the process that transcodes photos.

Although I do not think my sleep problem has something to do with the photo processing, and they have no disk, it seems rather strange that the representatives of WD here I think in the computer age of today is well to discard something that takes days to complete.

Why anything it takes days to an external hard drive do is considered normal? I do not think should pay for the power that we do not use, or paying the ultimate price in a unit that does not spin down and wears away and faster. It was well before the firmware 2.x, and should not be so now.

There are things that wake up the unit independent of any trouble in the firmware. For example, when DHCP lease expires, the system wakes up to renew the lease.

As a state, this subject is still working. Engine emergency is a difficult thing to do on a Linux kernel. You have to be careful that no processes are touching the volume of data while the unit is in standby mode. Getting that done is no small thing. With all the new code and value added services for the 2.x software, this is even more complicated. Let's get it done, just take a little time.

After turning Twonky, iTunes and remote access my computer still wakes itself for no apparent reason. And I have no images stored on it. I have nothing more than movies and folders with some software installation programs that install executable often. (It's nice to be able to assign only this unit and all of my usual "install" it there instead of having to connect a USB stick to install these programs.)