Thread: Increasing load cycle on Scorpio Blue 750GB drive

Increasing load cycle on Scorpio Blue 750GB drive

I noticed on some forums discussing on Scorpio Blue hard drive load cycle issue. My friend own one of them in this laptop and the error was really true. That is the reason behind that no one knows. The load cycle increases after an time interval. My friend has a laptop which has almost a 1 and half year old. The self time is set on default as it was before. But when I check bed by a stool Passmark's free software it increases. Anyone knows why this is happening.

Re: Increasing load cycle on Scorpio Blue 750GB drive

Not sure. It can be an hardware issue. This must not increase but remain at an prescribed settings if not in much use. The idle timing setting of your hard disk can also put pressure on that. You can reduce that to keep your hard disk spinning. Also you cannot provide this reason for the replacement also. The customer support will suggest you to run a firmware update. If that also does not work then the hard drive is defective. You must use such drivers on cool dry place and take intense care that there is no subject to shocks, vibration, etc. This is related to the hardware mostly. Also you can use some tools to optimize your hard drive performance. Run disk de-fragmentation which can scan your driver properly for bad sectors and will arrange your files in proper order.

The load cycle is actual the processor of hard drive head landing zone position. Here the head contacts with the drive disc which refers to the load cycle process. For an normal 2.5 inch hard disk the lifestyle lies between 300,000 to 600,000 load cycles. Now there is an additional support provided for new laptops. The laptop is programmed to unload the head when the hard disk is not is use for sometime period of time. This can be taken as the idle time. In an Linux system you might have notice high load cycles. The reason behind is that in Linux the installation write the file system some time before in the back. So that causes more load cycle. This number keeps on increasing as your hard disk keeps becoming old. It is just an depreciation process which most common. You do not need to worry until your drive in under warranty and completely stop working.

Does this can be fix by the swap file. If yes then how does it works. I also faced a heavy load cycle issue. I have an application which creates data copy by an automated process.

You must know how swap file works before optimizing the hard drive load cycle. There is no direct tool which can help you to manage the load cycle. You cannot also play with it, as it can damage the disc. Swap file is just an addition to the ram. It deal with the temporary storage of data for rapid delivery to the processing of the CPU. You can manual increase and decrease your page file. So sometime if you have a larger amount of hard drive then there is no need to add extra strips. The fact that the speed of the hard drive and it read \ load the data back and find them there, much lower than the speed of RAM, and therefore Fail swap can only be used as an aid but can not be a substitute for memory because less bandwidth ability.

I don't have direct experience with that specific HD but I've had drives unexpectedly slow up and even crash altogether on more than one occasion when using the on board and freebie defrags —I've now turned very cautious on which defrag I use.

What I eventually discovered, after much hair-pulling and through process of elimination was that the on-board and freebie defrags I used were sometimes doing an incomplete job and mis-reporting the results. My drives were slowing up or crashing because in reality they were severely fragmented.

If you can't 100% rule out fragmentation I would try defragmenting the drive using the the top rated defrag for 2011.

Try this link for a free trial and see if it improves the performance:

FREE DEFRAGMENTER TRIAL

Also, check out this unbiased side by side comparo of the TOP 10 DEFRAGS
    you'll see they are not created equal and the solution to this problem may be this simple.
    \\