Thread: WD3200AAJB-000J3A0-Interpreting SMART results

WD3200AAJB-000J3A0-Interpreting SMART results

The rest of the thresholds are "0" so if the values and worst values are needed please let me know.

Value Threshold Worst Warranty
    Raw Read Error Rate: 200 51 200 1
    Spin Up Time: 135 21 135 1
    Start/Stop Count: 100 0 100 0
    Re-allocated Sector 200 140 200 1

The result is of smart pass. However, it seems that there are three elements that are valid for the warranty, unless the interpretation of the results incorrectly. I have a suspicion (semi-regular errors that require repair CHKDSK) WDC WD3200AAJB-000J3A0 with the following results .Can anyone advise on the status of this record? Not even a year old.

Re: WD3200AAJB-000J3A0-Interpreting SMART results

I think the '1 'in the column on the guarantee means that if there are problems with that attribute, the unit has a valid warranty. However, the values of the unit look good:

Raw Read Error Rate: value 200, worst threshold of 51, 200
    Reallocated sectors: value 200, worst 140 threshold, 200
    Spin up: value 135, worst Threshold 21, 135

As you can see, none of the attributes have fallen below the threshold. The first two attributes are still at 200 which is the initial value of the new units. Turn the weather has deteriorated a bit, but probably nothing to worry about. My drives have a rotation of 172 times and have never had any problems with it.

Yes, the columns of values / worse lower and higher are better.
    What about the following attributes is its worst value / also 200?
    • Sector-expected current account
    • -UltraDMA CRC Error Rate-
    • -Offline uncorrectable Sector Count

A year or two years I had a WD hard drive that around the month gave CRC / ECC error requiring service CHKDSK. Usually going to lose the file that was in the bad sector. HDDSentinel I learned in these forums, installed, and I saw (first) error counts.

Anyway I went and bought a new drive and copy all the new and the old format (maybe twice). He has not had a single problem. My theory is that the unit had changed in a subtle and original formatting. Whatever of reason, seems to fix it. I hope this can work for you too. I also noticed the high temperatures exposed in sentinel SMART information, and added a fan to the front of the tower, blowing on the drives. The difference in temperature is noticeable.

In fact, I tried the WD Lifeguard program first, but I recommend that you install HDDSentinel or other equivalent program. So you can see the actual numbers. The "value" figure is an interpretation - it does sometimes happen that even with many errors, the "Value" is stuck in the top 200 (or 100 in the case of some units).

Anyway, the Sentinel, you can see the "Data" column that shows the actual number of expected industry reallocations, etc. Indeed, by default the column data is in hexadecimal. Right click on the column and select "decimal data fields" for readability. Let us know what you get.

I suspect that some attribute values are displayed as "253" until the unit has collected enough data to SMART can be considered statistically significant.

We had three hard drives die in the last 2 months! (1 Seagate SATA 3.5 ", a WD SATA 3.5" Samsung SATA and 2.5 ") We just bought a new Western Digital Caviar Green WD20EARS
    (64 MB cache 2 TB SATA 3.0Gb / s 3.5 "internal hard drive) and it seems that 50% of people who buy them are taking them, either DOA or die within 3 months. I'm afraid go through this again.

We've lost a lot of data which has taken me about 3 weeks to recover from the PC using various recovery programs. I really need a reliable car to start again. I'm beginning to think that this album was a bad idea and I cannot stand the thought of losing more data after you just lost, which leads me to my next question. I ran a smart scan that came with a WD hard disk utility and it give me some consequences, even after reading the help files, I do not understand whether or not to worry.

Data Lifeguard warranty indicates whether a particular attribute will qualify for the replacement unit if its value falls below the threshold. Such attributes, for example, have reallocated sector is considered critical. Other attributes, such as Start / Stop Count, reflecting the wear and tear and therefore cannot be guaranteed.That said, you get a more detailed view of SMART data with any of the following utilities:

• HDDScan for Windows
    • HD Sentinel (DOS / Windows / Linux)