Thread: Replacing WD2500BEVT-75ZCT2

Replacing WD2500BEVT-75ZCT2

The drive in my Gateway T6836 is in danger according to the WDC diagnostic utility. He spent the rapid test, but did not pass the extended test. First, said it found bad sectors that can be repaired, nevertheless when he attempt to repair that and referred me to WDC support. I require knowing if I have to replace it with the same model, or if there is a current model that can replace it. In any case, where can I buy it?

Re: Replacing WD2500BEVT-75ZCT2

The specifications of your drive is WD Scorpio Blue WD2500BEVT 250 GB 5400 RPM 8 MB Cache 2.5 "SATA 3.0Gb / s Internal Notebook Hard Drive. You can install any brand 2.5 "HDD SATA II (3.0 Gb / s) on the hard drive of your laptop. If you choose to over 7200 RPM WD Scorpio Black or Seagate 7200.4 7200.3 transcendental or gives faster performance you've always wanted. The new units also contain more than 16 to 32 MB cache, it will be a plus. Some of Hitachi and Seagate drives now come with or without an option for hardware data encryption. Try to avoid encryption models. Try Google and read the comments of several and see the discussion forums before deciding on a brand or model.

The unit is under warranty, so you can get a free replacement from Western Digital - is recertified, but is guaranteed for 3 years, so worth it. The problem is that the Gateway T6836 laptop does not have an exit slip and the hard drive, but is embedded in the body of the pc. Gateway can be replaced, but it is too expensive. I spoke to a local repair shop for replacement and they charge $ 75. I'd rather do it myself, but for instructions. The handle HD video online slide. Any idea where I could get my hands on the instructions?

I just checked the price of an upgrade to a 300 GB black and is about $ 75. So if I could do it myself it would be a superior solution for the same price, but to have a shop to do this would double the cost and not worth it.

I found a way to remove the hard disk. Google is great but be patient. HDD is located just below the palm rest right. In turn the laptop and remove one or two screws holding the plastic cover from the hard drive bay. Now remove the two screws on the hard disk caddy. Slide the carriage to the edge of the notebook to evict the SATA and power port. Now lift the front of the laptop and take the carry it out. I just saved your $75.

Strange, though. The laptop has a sticker on the bottom that says T6836 and I've always thought that's what it was. That's what it says on the proof of payment from Best Buy where I bought it. The label has a serial number that starts with N, but not the usual Gateway 22-digit S / N. This explains why Gateway did not distinguish the S / N, when I had to propel for repair, and when he returned from the repair that had a regular 22-digit S / N in the paperwork.

Next to the label on the very bottom that says Model No. W3501 and according to the grapevine there is a model. Why is the label T6836 and why was sold as a T6836 I have no idea. That also explains why the video that has been linked with a hard drive that slides, but mine is embedded in the case. If it was a slipping I would have had to ask for help here. So I'm looking for information on the W3501, but is a good chance that there are instructions, because the hard disk does not slip. That's the whole problem. I will also consult with Gateway and Best Buy on the model mestizo. I have the feeling that something strange is happening here and I doubt I'll get a direct response solution / answer them. Anything you can help or find will be greatly appreciated.

I was also facing exactly similar problem. But I got replacement from western digital in two weeks.

Some people say that the unit’s recertified drives better than new unproven. I honestly I cannot say if the unit will not last long or not. Spare drives, add the warranty period. The unit will expire when the original warranty expires. But personally I like black Scorpio, since better performance.