Thread: Western Digital 3TB My Book live quick view on hot temperature

Western Digital 3TB My Book live quick view on hot temperature

Basically, I have got new 3TB my book live that has shown the hot temperature in the quick view from the first day. I have not even stored the data on disk with all that is in a room 72 degrees. Do you think this is a bad hard drive or a software problem? Thanks in advance.

Re: Western Digital 3TB My Book live quick view on hot temperature

Any help would be appreciated at the issue I'm running. I just bought a brand new 3 TB My Book Live Best Buy yesterday and the last two days I've noticed on the WD icon in my tray Quick View icon is flashing constantly. I have yet to store a single file on the hard drive, but has already received the message "your computer's temperature is above the maximum allowed; please move the device to a well ventilated area." The quick view shows the temperature so hot. However, the unit is cold to the touch.

My external hard drive is in a room that is 72 degrees. No outfit is hot about it. I've even disconnected the drive a couple of times and left if off for hours. Soon after you reconnect, the alert message appears again in regard to high temperatures.

I have the same issue in my 1TB My Book Live. Room 72 degrees, drift off for 24 hours and feels hot as soon as you turn.

Sounds like a false alarm. The maximum temperature for the two current Western Digital, three models of tuberculosis (WD30EZRX and WD30EURS) is 60 ° C or 140 º F. That's pretty warm, and I cannot see the My Book case may be cold to the touch, with the hard disk hot enough to cause a burn.

I guess this is one of the USB 3.0 models, right? I bought the My Book USB 3.0 3 TB for several weeks, but the My Book case not so fast, I have not even had the opportunity to explore software Smart Ware / Quick View. Quick View does tell you what the temperature really is?

To get to the bottom of this, you need to know the actual temperature of the unit. You can try the trial version of Hard Disk Sentinel. This software can extract data from SMART via a USB connection. This ability depends largely on the specific USB SATA chipset used on the external casing. Some USB chipsets support SMART monitoring (including temperature) via USB, some do not. I do not know if the Western Digital chipset so, because I threw the My Book and put the disc (WD30EZRX) in a different room.

My problem has been resolved. I did some research on the site and noticed the WD Quick View was not in fact considering. although MBL can access it through my computer and through the IP address. Quick View WD Obviously you have to access the drive through the site http://mybooklive/UI/. In my case, that site was not working for me (link board through WD Quick View) and therefore, quick view was giving me wrong information as well as my car was hot and its use was 900%.

In short: I went to my computer local area connection; he highlighted the icon, and then right clicks select properties. Then I highlighted TCP/IPv4 and click properties and change the DNS on the manual and 8.8.4.4 and 8.8.8.8 entered.

WD My Quick View access through http://mybooklive/UI/ and therefore, I was giving wrong information.Finally problem will be resolved after doing this.