Thread: Maximum hard drive size upgrade of dell Vostro 420

Maximum hard drive size upgrade of dell Vostro 420

Last two month I use this dell Vostro 420 system and now I want to upgrade the hard drive on a Vostro 1400. I have not knowledge about how much maximize hard drive is to be supported with this system. Initially it contains the 160 GB SATA hard drive and I need to upgrade it to the higher level. Then please if anyone has experience about it then please share your own opinion about it. Thanks in advance.

Re: Maximum hard drive size upgrade of dell Vostro 420

If you properly read the specification of this desktop system then you found that this system has to be contains the 500 GB hard disk compatibility which will be run at 7200 RPM speed. Hence if you think about to upgrades this system hard disk then you need to perform an action that will be enter the 500 GB hard disk on it. It is the size of the hard disk, that properly compatible with the system.

As per my experience I had done the extra 500GB hard disk on this desktop system. You can be also adding more than that size. There is no problem arrives on this system, if the hard disk is properly connected with the motherboard of the desktop. Then use this process and hope it will be solve your problem.

If you think to upgrade this hard disk space of the system and you want to just add another hard disk which will be gives you the higher memory space, then check the compatibility of the hard disk with the system. In that you can be just use an proper way to read the configuration of the desktop system and then you found the maximum hard disk space. The manual of the hard disk will be providing such kind of information.

You can also add more than this 500 GB hard disk. In that you can attach multiple hard disk drives with this system. This is an alternative way that can be work to do such kind of task. In that you need to perform an action for just connect this external hard disk to this system motherboard. It works and at the end of you can able to access the more number of memory space on it.

An external hard drive is possible in a separate casing with its own power source and linked to the motherboard using a USB 2.0 cable. There is no standard to only use an specific high configuration based hard disk with higher size on this system. The other thing here is that sometimes the system will not be able to able to connect this hard drive to the system. The reason behind that is to be the driver or the connectivity problem. In such situation we need to perform an process that helps to upgrade this hard drive size. There are number of ways also present to properly connect this hard disk to the system. Use any one of them and hopefully it solves your problem.

If you really want to upgrade the system hard disk drive then I suggest you to try to connect the 1TB size hard disk on this system. If it works then you can access 1TB of data on that system. This is the way that will be find out the correct maximum hard disk space on this dell Vostro 420 desktop pc. For more information you need to contact the official site of dell. I hope this information helps to you a lot.