Thread: WD My Book Live showing blinking green light

WD My Book Live showing blinking green light

I have purchased few weeks back the My Book Live which is of size 2TB. I dint know actually what is happening now with it I am facing the problem. I have connected my playstation 3 to it. playstaion 3 also doesn’t found the device connected. Also it is not appearing on my pc. I am getting the blinking green light and which never getting stable. So can anyone help me and tell me what the problem is. Is there any fix which will help to resolve the problem?

Re: WD My Book Live showing blinking green light

I have Western Digital My Book Live which I have purchased around 6 months back.I think this is happening due to the overheating of the drive. Since I have also faced same problem like yours light gets continuously blinking green. So I will suggest you to shut it off for the sometime. Wait for all the components get cooled. After this start the My Book Live again. It will work perfectly. Cause of the problem is actually the overheating only.

I have same problem with WD my book live. Since my Bluray drive doesn’t detected by the My book live. So I have done this I have taken the backup of the entire drive. And then clicked on the reset button which is at the back of Drive. It will resolve the problem you are facing.

I think you’re my Book Live is causing some hardware problem. So I will suggest you to contact the customer care. And tell then regarding the problem you are facing. If they told you to visit service center do visit it the service center. They will check you’re my Book Live. And help you to resolve the problem you are facing. And can replace the My Book Live. If it is in the warranty then it is really good you can get it serviced or replaced without any cost.

I have faced same problem few days back so I have contacted the tech support of the Western Digital. He told me one solution which he told in the above post but more extra things which need to be done while doing this. So he told me to click the reset button for the 4 seconds. Then told me to immediately unplug the power of My Book Live for 10 seconds. Then again I have turned it on and the drive is showed on the network and available through my pc.do trying this will help you resolve the problem you are facing.

First time I haven’t resolved the problem which is causing this. I have tried to reset it but no help. So when the new update for the firmware is available for the download I have downloaded the firmware of it and installed. After that my problem was resolved so try to update the firmware of WD My Book Live which can you get from the dashboard or go to the website of western digital for getting it.