Thread: Seagate 1.5 Tb free agent died after data transfer

Seagate 1.5 Tb free agent died after data transfer

I have 1.5TB free agent after I purchased my brand new NAS 1TB Maxtor died. I managed to get my data into the new 1.5 TB disk, the unit will "click" and I get delayed write errors. I cannot copy or delete my data on the drive. I used a USB cable to another USB drive that has the power of multiple leads to additional power supply. I let the unit sit until it turns down. The only thing I have done is remove the drive from its enclosure. These are the BIOS of guilt in these units? Can we get a definitive answer on what is wrong? Is this a record that data can be recovered by Seagate, as the internal models?

Re: Seagate 1.5 Tb free agent died after data transfer

So were able to save your data successfully through an old machine? I just caught a nasty real L, who had moved all the data resting on my computer on the way to 1.5 TB that I had formatted and was within the process of moving things at what time randomly "started". Fortunately I have my studio ripped music files FUBAR before, but I have allot of other things (the unit only had 100 or more free concerts) I'm trying to save. I'll try to find a pirated copy of XP SP1 or something and try that out, I'll post if that helps or not. Will USB 1.0 speeds. But saving my data is more important than how fast you save.

Yes, for whatever reason an older machine worked fine. I was able to move data through, and I soon returned the unit. Now I have WD Caviar Black 1 TB drives in different enclosures SATA removable, so I can leave at will. I also use both units to maintain duplicate data and backups of more than one source.

In recent times I pay money in favor of a Seagate hard external 1.5 TB, and start to display the "click of death" (the expected automatic click, followed through a failure on the way to read). I was able to get the data out of it; I had formatted as HFS + disk as I use Mac OS X on that computer. I took it back and exchanged it for another yesterday, I had copied all the original data to another hard disk (curiously a free agent 500 GB I have for my backup laptop, which works well). Therefore, I took and office will gladly change. Do you have an additional (1.5TB Seagate ext) supply that copies the data, copy the whole thing back. Today is again exhibits the similar performance.

Is that this difficulty only through the 1.5? I presently bought a 1 TB table and acquire 320g. They still comprise a few weeks to return to the store. I've always had excellent luck through Seagate drives earlier than. However do not be a difficulty within exchange for a WD if these units are giving you troubles.

This is a common difficulty through Seagate and Western Digital. The initial record I pay money for was a Maxtor 80 GB Firewire drive and worked luminously used for seven years at what time I purchase it into 2000. After that I pay money for a 160 GB external hard drive commencing Western Digital (Caviar IDE) and subsequent to a 200 GB Seagate (Barracuda 7200.7). As a result I bought an additional disk Western Digital My Book 500 GB to store entire my music, videos and photos. And here we are resting on the fourth drive breakdown through the Seagate FreeAgent Pro 750 GB drive that stock up every my media (not utilize as a backup device, simply as a center on the way to store every contents of media). Luckily, I have learned from past mistakes and the three backups of my media from iTunes and videos / photos to visual media.

Subsequent to one of hard drives not working, we had to comprise it recovered. I pay money for the Seagate outside 1.5 for the reason of recovery. At what time the data recovery consultant started the car. The clicking started. Reluctant to position my recently recovered data from it modify it to a most up-to-date one. Oddly sufficient, the replacement clicks additionally. Not sure what to perform however return it.