Thread: Seagate Device ST3250410AS Failed Long Test but passed Short Test

Seagate Device ST3250410AS Failed Long Test but passed Short Test

My Computer with Seagate Device ST3250410AS was slamming while playing and while utilizing Google Chrome. It could unequivocally hang, the rodent could move but then nothing could happen when I attempted to Alt-Tab or Ctrl+Alt+Del. I had to restart my PC, and when a few times of it hanging it began to get stayed on Starting Windows, when a few restarts it could stack up the welcome screen just to hang. I attempted begin up recuperation, even safe mode, and nothing worked. I got a warning when attempting begin up recuperation that there would be a reciprocity situation tested it with a Short Test, and it stated it passed. So I attempted an extended test, and it foundered. Unfortunately it won’t spared me the time to move my rodent so I am able to click on anything or recognize any codes but I sorted out what was composed on the Log for the slipped up extended test. Is there any avenue to get what's on the HDD or is it true that it is gone always?

Re: Seagate Device ST3250410AS Failed Long Test but passed Short Test

Same setback with me so unexpectedly, I actually unequivocally sent off a flawed HDD to Seagate a few hours when this happened I might unequivocally purchase a minor HDD and stack Windows 7 onto it and utilize that seeing as the easily proven wrong HDD is anyhow 5-6 years old, the snappier I resolve this the speedier I would be able to start the extended gaming session of getting back my DAII and ME2 recoveries I have lost.

It's in all likelihood passing on, you would be able to attempt HD Sentinel to get the condition information, assuming that it is en route out its not worth the postage to send in without taking into consideration a repair, I could purchase a late drive, a 500GB Sata2 is as meager as £29 UK now, and at 5-6 years old and in the hands of someone who COD's you would be able to excuse it for hailing.

I could clone your drive division-by-division utilizing a device that knows how to work around grave parts, and afterward utilize information recuperation product on the clone.

Since you know the outer has one or more regretful divisions, run check plate on that drive. "Chkdsk /R x:" The x is the Drive Letter appointed the drive you feel a distinct desire to check, and the /R switch indicates Repair it (move information if feasible to a great division and stamp the sector/s as grave).

I could clone your drive division-by-division utilizing a device that knows how to work around grave parts, and afterward utilize information recuperation product on the clone.
    It is foremost to comprehend precisely what cloning connotes. Cloning is the duplicating one bit at a time from one parcel or circle to a different one. They don't management or even know if an area is grave or information is degenerate. They unequivocally duplicate the bits, headers, plate marks, parcel tables, volume chiefs, document framework, information, all things. The dd_rescue apparatus is not a cloning apparatus; it is an imaging apparatus, which is special. In the event that you need to save unfavorable bits or segments, as likely as not the best equipped is Steve Gibson's Spin Rite DOS business system, which takes a gander at each cycle and tries to figure by the attractive field what was or supposed to be there. Takes an extended chance to examine an imposing plate, requires' $89, but is one of the ideal.