Thread: FreeAgent Drive gets Dismounted while Entering Sleep Mode in mac

FreeAgent Drive gets Dismounted while Entering Sleep Mode in mac

I have been having issue with my – FreeAgent external Drive, ok let me tell you in brief as I have a macbook which is obviously running mac OS and the external HDD as I have mentioned already.

So whenever I try to connect the External HDD, it works perfectly but after having some idol time it just get dismount and I have to mount it again, but this is just a awful condition and after all who will do it again and again?

Any suggestion would be appreciated for resolving this.

Re: FreeAgent Drive gets Dismounted while Entering Sleep Mode in mac

you should try to make use of Seagate Drive Manager because through that you can simply adjust the sleep time and hence the HDD would not be dismounted automatically.

I don’t know whether is a issue or there is some problem in your HDD or whatever it would be but you can increase the sleep timer for sure.
    And after all its better to get alternative rather than wasting time behind the solutions.

I have also gotten the same issue, and when I search this issue on the Seagate itself, they also don’t have any solution mentioned there rather the same thing is not happening with the windows user, so that’s the only way left to get it resolved?

Yeah exactly this is the issue with the previous version of software and thus according to me you should get latest version of the FreeAgent software, and I think that you’ll get from the Seagate’s official website. But let me tell you that the newer version as well only work with Mac 10.5 only, thus If you have any other then let me tell you that you’ll not be able to resolve this however.

After installing the software you have to make sleep settings from the power management and that you’ll get under System Preference > Energy Saver > and as the new windows opens just Check box in the lower left, and then you can set the time.

And you can have another option as well, I mean to say it should be unchecked if you do not want the drive to forever sleep.

Thanks for the suggestion as it is working for sure, I have tried this but still, can you tell me what could be the problem as why this is happening only with the mac users?

See this is just a settings that we have to made, and as the operating system changes all the settings are also been changed. Each and every system has their own way to handle each and every hardware that we connect with the machine, thus in windows operating system then checkbox are clear by default and we don’t have to do it on our own, but exactly opposite to this, if suppose we have to make the HDD in sleep time then we have to adjust it, and this is the thing which is set by default in mac, there isn’t much more difference.

I hope you got it.