Thread: I think Hard Drive from other desktop will not Boot

I think Hard Drive from other desktop will not Boot

Hey hi all, I have never viewed any machine such as a disk with CS jumper. I constantly utilized M/S so that the ATA original standard is OK. Try not to expect to have the ability to boot that hard drive as the OS is designed for a contrasting machine. Go spot a USB/ATA connector and later slave the drive from your revamped machine and copy any documents you have on it to the brand new machine. For the out of date system, 2 things you would be able to do. Utilize a virtual machine or double boot XP and a fresher form of Windows.

Re: I think Hard Drive from other desktop will not Boot

I am also wanting to run Pinnacle Systems Studio 10 which needs Windows XP and was at one time installed on the 200 GB drive. The studio program has the driver for Dazzle DVC 170 film catch mechanism inserted into the project. The Dazzle driver is not good with Windows 7 and Pinnacle have no expectation of issuing a driver update. As I had the 8.4 GB hard drive lying about (concentrated from my Son's PC before he dumped it) I thought in the event that I might fix it into the PB machine I might stack up Windows XP) to permit me to run the Dazzle unit.

Since the drive is listed in trhe bios you are able to strip the driver. In the event that it isn't, then it is either dead or not connected/jumpered decently. BTW, why ever could you have a desire to utilize Studio 10 still, I possess that, paid a lords payment to Pinnacle for the programming and a pci card over in 2001 so I would be able to associate a simple camcorder and alter with, I found it the most exceptionally indulgent bring for advances utilize too much HDD space project I ever had,

all you require today is a card with a composite input, ordinarily a TV card and afterward there is a basin stack of product, Nero Vision being one of them that you would be able to utilize to create your home DVD with, Dazzle is moreover a terrible unit that either doesn't work or you require a science degree to get it to.