Thread: How to mess of Seagate FreeAgent hard drive ?

How to mess of Seagate FreeAgent hard drive ?

I am totally new user to FreeAgent 320GB Hard Drive, in my hard drive I have so many folders numeric labels that have no contain in it as well as the Seagate folder and a Seagate backup folder. While I am trying to find my save documents from my dell laptop, it takes 6 or 7 folders to find the save documents. I would like to know that is there any other and easy way to find the documents folders? Also I uses the simple backup. No I had just made a mess of backup and now I am thinking the I will able to start all over again. Any suggestion me?

Re: How to mess of Seagate FreeAgent hard drive ?

if you really want to create the backup then you can use the Seagate Manager, it will help to create on backup for one computer and also for the other. But there you will need to specify that what you want to backup and also tell it to backup only the folders which you need to backup. You can also do it manually.

Thanks for your response. I think that I only want to do start over as my external HD has numerous folders and files which have no changes on my folders and files. To perform this task, I am thinking to perform deletion of everything and then uninstall. Or else I can just directly start the transferring the folders? And also I don’t want to transfer individual files somewhat all of them. Is this is ok if I label the separate My Docs? Sorry for that but I somehow got started off wrong and messed up the files/folders.

I think that yes you can do that thing, but I think that you should do this thing using the Seagate Manager. To do this thing u can also take the help of the following patterns:
    Put the drive on the XP computer, after that copy the data from the PC to the FreeAgent drive. After that you can replace it safely.
    After that you can use the windows 7 pc to copy that data from your FreeAgent drive, wherever you want it to go.

Friend thanks again. I promise that this will be my last question for you. I want to start over it again because I have too many unwanted things on my FreeAgent and about that I don’t have any more idea to do there. I want to know that how to delete the entire external HD and start it over again. Please reply m back.

I am also using the FreeAgent external HD, an I don’t have any idea that what those numbered folders are so that I cannot delete them. Want to know that is there is other way for this to begin with the fresh, empty external HD.

While deleting every things from the external FreeAgent HD, I am getting one error message that Cannot delete eula.rtf: Access is denied. And also for this reason I cant drag or copy my entire documents to the external hard drive. With this I can only drag/send individual folders within it. I would like to know the way for fresh-start my external HD over again instead of buying a new external hard drive. I want to know that why I can’t delete all files from it?

I have the manual but I don't quite get it. What I would like is to have FreeAgent back up to my 2 individual dell laptops, right now I have just made a mess of one backup. I think I might start all over again. Any suggestions appreciated greatly.