Thread: While using two Seagate’s External hard drive, only one shows up

While using two Seagate’s External hard drive, only one shows up

Hi friends, on my PC I am using two Seagate’s hard drive FA GoFlex Desk (1Tb) and a FreeagentDesktop (250Gb). When I am trying to plug both in, on the K drive, only one show up. When I plug the one out of them then the other will show up in the K drive. But the problem is that they both shows in the device manager, it means that both the hard drive is connected and trying to be in the K drive, but actually not. I had also tried for the different ports but no good results. I want to know that is there any other way to assign the new drive letter to an external drive?

Re: While using two Seagate’s External hard drive, only one shows up

Hey, first tell me that this thing is happening in your laptop or computer. And I think for renaming the external hard drive, just open my computer and then right click on the external hard drive and then in the drop down box there you can simply change the name.

acardii Guest

Thanks, but I am using these hard drives in my PC. And also my problem is not to just rename the hard drive but that my both hard drive is trying to be in the K drive. I just want to know that is there is any way to one external hard drive to b in K drive and also assign other drive letter to my second hard drive. If you have any idea about it then please reply me back about this topic. And also thanks for the above reply.

Ok, now I get it. You mean to say that you want to know that is there is any way to one external hard drive to b in K drive and also assign other drive letter to my second hard drive. For this you can follow the steps as:
    On my computer you can use disk manager.
    And then manage setting option. After that you will get clear of the drive assignment on both drives or you can change one drive to another letter to your second hard drive.

Hey mate, I am also having the same problem. On my computer I am suing the Free Agent 320Gb and a 500Gb. My computer has 3.3GHz Intel Core i7 and 12GB RAM running 64-bit Windows 7 Professional. I am also facing the same problem because both drives were using the same letter. For that I had gone to the disk manager and reassigned a new hard drive letter to one drive. But still having the same problem, I am not able to connect the both the hard drive to my computer concurrently. They both are wanted to have the same drive letter. And also I had tried with the drivers for different USB controllers, but no benefits to me. Can you please give me more suggestion about it.

Dude, but I can connect multiple non-seagate storage hard drives to my computer and I am having no problem. Before 3 days, I had bought a new hard drive 500GB. And if I am facing this problem then I will exchange it with the different brand of the hard drive. So try to do the same. I think if your hard drive is not getting detected by your system then try to replace the external hard drive.

Ok, for my laptop I bought 2TB FreeAgent GOFlex Desk and plugged it on my laptop. After formatting it was working fine. After that I plugged 500GB FreeAgent GO and NADA. And I see that both are working independently, as u all. To fix that I did as:
    Right click on the my computer > manager > navigate to storage > disk management.
    After that it shows the drive letter and then I changed it to something else. This thing is not necessary but if you want that you can change it after you get them to work.

Right click on the my computer > manager > navigate to storage > disk management.
    After that it shows the drive letter and then I changed it to something else. This thing is not necessary but if you want that you can change it after you get them to work.
    thanks for this reply. i am trying with this one and getting good results.

after this I will recommend you to right click in the drive which is not showing up, in my case I was changed the 500GB to N:\ and disk showing was Disk 2 Basic1863.02 GB. After that I right click on the GRAY area in the right hand side just below the red row, after doing this if again you are getting the same error msg then you will need more help from the developers service center.