Thread: At 6GB/s on Sata III, Barracuda XT 3TB is not linking

At 6GB/s on Sata III, Barracuda XT 3TB is not linking

I am using the new computer and on my computer I am using Barracuda XT 3TB drive. I have one problem about it, between a 3GB/s drive and a 6GB/s drive speed is different. I think that this report is made by any faulty driver, via the driver chipset. I think that they only allow 3GB/s, so that the SATA controller is only allowing this speed. I am using Gigabyte GA-790FXTA-UD5R motherboard with Marvell 9128 SATA III RAID controller. What should I will try for it? Please suggest me.

Re: At 6GB/s on Sata III, Barracuda XT 3TB is not linking

Yes, I also think that this is caused by some faulty drivers. Firs make a check to your system that you have not downloaded the Marvell Console Driver SATA 3. If yes then try to uninstall this, I am saying this because I was using this driver and facing the same problem. And also this can happens that your motherboard pre-dates the 3TB drive, so that the tech wasn't available to fully recognise your newer spec drive. If your issue is not with the drive then try to send the email to Gigabyte and ask them for any incompatibilities and possible fixes.

Adaptec provides innovative I/O solutions, but in your case I think that this issue is related with Adaptec. I am saying this ting because, with 3TB drives Adaptec has issues. For supposedly fix it, try to use the other firmware for your 6445. I am also using the 3TB Seagate XT with CC44 firmware. Try for this one, it is good and helps to support the 3TB drives.

Adaptec provides innovative I/O solutions, but in your case I think that this issue is related with Adaptec. I am saying this ting because, with 3TB drives Adaptec has issues. For supposedly fix it, try to use the other firmware for your 6445. I am also using the 3TB Seagate XT with CC44 firmware. Try for this one, it is good and helps to support the 3TB drives.
    Thanks for your reply, after following your solution, now my error is solved. Cheers for confirming it, thanks again.