Thread: bios unable to detect ST2000DL003 Barracuda Green

bios unable to detect ST2000DL003 Barracuda Green

Friends I just got a new ST2000DL003 Barracuda Green and my pc was working fine before but from the time I have got this hard disk I have got a problem that it isn’t been detected I have been trying certain small steps like doing it again but it haven’t helped me can anyone tell me what problem is in that please help me suggest me something.

Re: bios unable to detect ST2000DL003 Barracuda Green

I would be asking you to try following stuffs.

1. Try to switch the sata ports
    2. Try jumping the drive down up to 150 MB/s
    3. Try changing the power cable.
    4. Reflash the motherboard with some of the newest BIOS.
    5. Just remove the cmos battery
    6. Try changing the AHCI and then back to IDE again.
    7. Now change the sata cable.

These are some of the attempts which I think can help you out.

I think that this is the problem which can be referred as a similar problem as the 7200.11 hard disk firmware issue. I am having the same hard disk which is having a cc31 firmware. And there is a new cc32 firmware which you can try. And all what you would be requiring is a Seagate which would be representative to help unbrick the hard disk so you can update the firmware.

I would also ask if none of this helps you then please contact the customer support and I am sure that they would be helping you out.

And one more problem can be there is your serial number must not be in the list of the hard disk with the firmware.

Hey guys I have been thinking that this is an manufacturing problem that they haven’t been able to get detected into the bios and this has been problem with lot of them with same product and many different product and I think the customer service is the best person who can help you out over this.

Just update the bios with the latest firmware and the problem would be solved for sure just try it out once and see if they are helping you. It may be that some of the drivers have been failing to load and this must be the reason why the problem has been created. And all of the friends who has been facing the bios detection problem they need to consolidate their case problem to Seagate by mail so that they know the problem and they can find some solution.

I have found many of the guys having this problem with this ST2000DL003 Barracuda Green and then this has been a problem many of them has not been able to solve this problem on there own i have found some of them having a problem with the Bios updatation and this can be solved by having a proper update for you bios but the other problem has been a headache and i would be hoping that you are not having that problem, and that problem is about having a faulty hard disk and this would make you have a bad time with it and with customer service center.

Hey friends thank you so much for helping me out i was really upset with this and i am very happy that you all have commented over this and helped me i was expecting something from you guys and got what i wanted thanks for helping me and now the problem is been solved.

Quote Originally Posted by Rance View Post
    Hey friends thank you so much for helping me out i was really upset with this and i am very happy that you all have commented over this and helped me i was expecting something from you guys and got what i wanted thanks for helping me and now the problem is been solved.
    how u solved man????????????
    i have this problem now!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Thiagolacosta View Post
    how u solved man????????????
    i have this problem now!!!
    I also had the same problem with the same hard drive and Seagate support had suggested me to try a firmware update. When I first boot up the PC completely connected with a defective hard drive, then go back down a minute, wait and then turn on again. They wrote to me if the hard drive is accessible then, there was a cold-start problem that can be remedied with the new firmware CC32. So it's probably already a sense that you install this firmware as a precaution. Before, I would however recommend a backup of the data to another disk.

Quote Originally Posted by abbie View Post
    I also had the same problem with the same hard drive and Seagate support had suggested me to try a firmware update. When I first boot up the PC completely connected with a defective hard drive, then go back down a minute, wait and then turn on again. They wrote to me if the hard drive is accessible then, there was a cold-start problem that can be remedied with the new firmware CC32. So it's probably already a sense that you install this firmware as a precaution. Before, I would however recommend a backup of the data to another disk.
    i bought hd last week, its cc32

Quote Originally Posted by Thiagolacosta View Post
    i bought hd last week, its cc32
    Since you have bought the hard drive last week itself, I only recommend you to create a warranty replacement order. There is no known issue with these drives. If you need data recovery, you can contact Seagate Recovery Services. It seems to be a firmware issue as many have talked and therefore Seagate have to release a fix for the same and till that time we have to wait.