Thread: Seagate Barracuda LP ST31000520AS hard drive is not working.

Seagate Barracuda LP ST31000520AS hard drive is not working.

Hey friends, I recently bought a new PC for my use at my home. In my new PC I am using Seagate Barracuda LP ST31000520AS hard drive. It was working fine for the last few days. But now I am getting an error from the Win7 SMART for this hard drive. For resolving this error I had used SeaTools using a boot CD. Also I had made smart check, short test, long test but no benefit for my error. When I ran Crystal Disk Info it is showing BAD - reallocated sector count – 28 28 36, now what can I do to it? Please if you more about this error then please report me back and also I will like some solution.

Re: Seagate Barracuda LP ST31000520AS hard drive is not working.

Friend, I think that this not good, u are using the wrong driver for your drive, as I know this is an Eco drive, if you are really using then try to not use them. I think that these drivers are not made for all day every day work, at my home I am using only one of them, and also it is WD one, and ever used or the storage, and also this one is not connected with the system on the say and say basis. Try to do the same, surely it will help you out form your problem.

If you are getting some problem with your hard drive, then try to find the Seagate 1TB 7200.12 Hard Disk, I am using this one and also this one is good and fast also. If this is no possible then try to go for the Seagate Momentus XT series hard drive, these are also very power full hard drive and also very good for the workhorses. Let me tell you that these green disks are also very good for the backup.

If you are getting some problem with your hard drive, then try to find the Seagate 1TB 7200.12 Hard Disk, I am using this one and also this one is good and fast also. If this is no possible then try to go for the Seagate Momentus XT series hard drive, these are also very power full hard drive and also very good for the workhorses. Let me tell you that these green disks are also very good for the backup.
    Thank for your reply, before few hours, I replace them and now all things are working fine. Now I will not return to use bad LP drive to Seagate, this replacement is only used for the storage. Thanks for suggesting me this solution.

In this case, I will suggest you to replace it back to the seller and try to ask for the Seagate Barracuda 7200.12, and use this hard drive for booting your system. I am sure that it will help you to let you know what your PC consists of HW wise as well, and before it make sure that your power lead isn't half cocked, it this happens then it will break the whole connection.

Hey, I was also suffering for the same problem, I am using Seagate Barracuda LP ST31000520AS hard drive on my current system, the same problem is with me also. Thanks for your reply, now I will try as your suggestion and will report you back.