Thread: Getting a loud clicking noise in new 1.5Tb freeagent drive

Getting a loud clicking noise in new 1.5Tb freeagent drive

I have purchased a new 1.5Tb freeagent drive two months ago. I don’t have any problem with the device till last week. But after that I get the problem in that. my actual problem is I get the loud clicking noise in my 1.5Tb freeagent drive. I cannot understand the reason behind that. I tried various things for that. but nothing works. I also search on the web for solving this problem but I don’t get the proper answer for that. can anyone give me some suggestion for solving this issue. Please help me.

Re: Getting a loud clicking noise in new 1.5Tb freeagent drive

for solving this First you have to check out the registration of your system and then try to find the record by contacting your service provider.

I also had same problem some time before so I think I can give you some proper information to you. actually my 1.5Tb freeagent drive was also clicking so much noise and then it started to bug me. And after that it stop working. I am using Windows 7 as my operating system. and I want to tell you that it cannot recognize the problem. that means it unable to detect the connection also. Then I searched it on the web for that issue. And start to apply some tricks on the web. Then I tried to use the old Windows XP machine. And I cannot imagine the system works properly after that. there is no noise at all. So I want to give you an advice to change the operating system. I hope this will definitely solve your problem.

I want to ask some important question to you. I ask what the content of your telephone conversation was. This can be done with the help of support agent. And please do not try to wait for a long time on hold.

I think I can give you some idea to solve this type of issue. I am not sure about the result. But you can try this information at least once. Here I am giving you some suggestions for that. I think you have the Seagate power management enabled that’s why you will hear periodic clicks when the drive cycles readiness states. According to me it is normal and it is not responsible for any type of error. So this is just related to functionality of the system. all drives always "click" on power up. Some of them are below the ambient sound levels so cannot be noticed.

You had mentioned that you recently purchased the new device for your use. So I want to give you suggestion on that. According to me you definitely have the warranty on your system. so please try to replace the device with new one. This is the simplest and common solution for yiour problem.

There could be problem with freeagent device , you just need to replace with in the warranty period.

Thanks