Thread: Getting faint beeping sound from Seagate FreeAgent Go 320GB

Getting faint beeping sound from Seagate FreeAgent Go 320GB

Hello every one, I am using the Seagate FreeAgent Go 320 GB external hard disk. I am using the drive every day, and I was not getting the problem as I was using it. But as I have plugged it today it was not been recognized by the computer, such that I was not able to view the drive in my computer. As it was not recognized then it was started to make a faint beeping sound. I was not recognized that sound and I am having very important data and other stuff which I always need to access it daily. I have also try to solve by the trouble shooting method, but it did not worked for me also. If anyone knows what is the sound about then please let know about it. If you are having any advice or suggestion to solve it then please help me. Thank you.

Re: Getting faint beeping sound from Seagate FreeAgent Go 320GB

I have heard about this problem as many users are facing it. You just the same problem on the Google and you will get the link of the users also were facing the problem and you might get the solution over there to solve it.

Reply 2:
    I think you might be using the windows as your operating system. Well there is procedure which you can try it on your windows and might solve your problem also. The steps are as follows just follow it and do it:
    • Go to the start button which is there on the left bottom of your desktop,
    • In that go to the RUN option and left click it to open it,
    • When the run window open then type “cmd” in the typing area of that window,
    • When you are done it the click OK to get a command prompt screen,
    • When you get the command prompt screen then type “chkdsk a:/r” (instead of a write the external drive name like e, f, g, etc)
    • Then the check disk and the repair utility while for a while, and let it complete all the five stages of it.

Just try this and might detect your disk.

I was also having the same problem but I have contact the Seagate Company and told the problem which I was facing it. The company has told me that to return the external hard disk and they will provide another one as it was under the warranty with the company. So you also check is the warranty period is still on your external hard disk or not, if yes then you might be able to get a new one in place of the older one. I was shock to hear such high rates for only to recovery the data from the external hard disk. I have then changed the plan and try to find it on the internet. I have got some link but I was not sure about. So I have given to my friend which was expert in doing this, so I got it done and also got all the

I was also having the same problem and even I have told to return it, so when I called it after the office hours it would say that they are closed and if you are having the serious problem want to be solve urgently then I can contact the critical response unit, which was costing around € 5,000 per day for those who stay is Europe. If you are staying in the UK, then it will cost you around £ 4,500 per day and also those are staying the U.S.A. then it will cost around $ 6,500 per day. You will get solved on urgent bases.

Let me share what has happen with me, I was having the external hard disk and was also having the warranty period of the hard disk. I have called and told the issue to the Seagate Company, as per the warranty I was able to get the new hard disk for the older, but I was having some important data and other stuff which was related to my office work and all. Once I have given my not working hard disk in the service and got the new hard disk, then I thought that I might get the old data back on the newer hard disk, but it was wrong thinking of mine, all the older data was been lost and if I want the older data then I have to pay some extra cash to get it done and also to achieve the older data also. So I have to pay extra for the data. So better have a word with the service center person so that you can get exact information about it.

I would suggest you to better to call the Service Center of the Seagate Company and tell the actual problem with your external hard disk. I think you might get it done and it is the safer and also best way to get the data and also your data might be linked or shared by any one.

Yes my external hard disk is under the period of the warranty and I will do call the Service Center and also will try to explain them what problem I am facing with the hard disk as I was using it every day and also tell what kind of the noise I am getting it. I would likely to thank all the users who have really helped me with the problem I am facing right now. I am glad that I was not the first one to face the problem as I have seen some users also facing the same problem and also got it solved the problem too.

If you go online and search for the beeping problem, then you might have got many beeping problem links which would have taken you to the general Seagate troubleshooting guide. It would give the longest way which you have tried also and they have not tried to solve the problem for any user.