Thread: Seagate External GoFlex Desk (STAC2000100) makes windows 7 frozen

Seagate External GoFlex Desk (STAC2000100) makes windows 7 frozen

Hello guys, I have recent built a new PC (Personal Computer) using the Windows 7 64 bit operating system. When I started using the Seagate External GoFlex Desk with the new PC, then the PC got frozen on the connection of the Seagate External GoFlex Desk, and it get frozen for two, three, even four times during a day. If I restart the PC without using disconnecting the Seagate External GoFlex Desk then also PC get frozen on the startup, if I restart with disconnecting it then the PC would worked fine. Is there any issue with the Windows 7 64 bit operating system, as I was earlier connected to my laptop which was having the windows XP operating system and it was having no issue with it? So please help me.

Re: Seagate External GoFlex Desk (STAC2000100) makes windows 7 frozen

I think you might to load some kind of the drivers which will be supporting the external hard disk with the windows 7. Just you check out that is the external hard disk is been supportive for the windows 7 or not. Just whether check it out first.

I would say it might be the operating system windows 7 64 bit which you have installed is not the bug free at all. And it is not bug free and which gives problem with the USB devices and also give the problem with it the quicker then it give problem with the others. If I was having the problem then I would have update the motherboard drivers as the first solution which come to my mind, it would be my first attempt also to do. If you are using the Intel Chipped then I would tell recommend to get the Rapid Storage Technology (RST) drivers from the Intel websites. If you want the link then you can find on the internet or on the Google.

I would tell you to see the drivers which you have installed on the new PC and would also try to check the board along with the external hard disk supports your operating system or not. Sometimes it happens that we forget to install some drivers of the hardware, but that hardware automatically starts to work without any driver required. Try to connect the external hard disk on other PC which has same operating system.

Thank you for all advice and I will try to the different methods as you all users have told me.