Thread: Automatic duplexing not working in HP Officejet 6500A Plus

Automatic duplexing not working in HP Officejet 6500A Plus

Hi, I am using HP Officejet 6500A Plus printer at my office and I am having very awful issue with the printer and after searching the internet from various technical forums I came to know that this is somewhat called as automatic duplexing issue but I don’t know what is that exactly thus obviously I don’t know what could be the reason and how do I get rid of this? I know this must be some feature and if so then why I am not able to use it? Any suggestion would be appreciated.

Re: Automatic duplexing not working in HP Officejet 6500A Plus

I don’t know what could be the problem with your printer but I would like to tell you about the feature, and yeah you are right as this is the feature provide in the newer series printers from the HP. "Automatic Duplexing" simply mean that we don't have to manually turn over the paper in order to print on both sides. Rather whenever we made such a command through the PC to print, printer simply do this by itself. And that is what you are not able to do, isn’t it ?

I don’t think this would be some problem in your printer, have you ever tried to select it? If not then let me tell you that the printer will not use this feature on its own rather you have to select duplexing from the menu.

And if you have already done this but still you are not able to do then it could be some issue for sure. And make sure that you are using proper papers as well, though they are the most concern able thing. You must have to use Letter size or A4 size paper in order to use the automatic duplexing.

I don’t know whether you are having some problem or not but just follow the steps it will help you to make use of automatic duplxing.

1. Open the "Reports" menu and in that you’ll find “printer Setup” and as you open that you will get another open that you have to select and that’s “Printer Status Report".

2. Once you do this it will look for the option "Duplexer" and It should say "Installed".

3. After this you have to make setting in the printer, so Double click the printer icon and open Printer actions, as you open this you’ll get another option as "Customize your Printer" so select that.

4. There would so many tabs over there so among them you have to select "Device Settings" tab.

5. In that you need to select "Two Sided Printing" or "Duplexer" and make "Manual Duplex" disabled and subsequently Click on Apply and OK respectively.

6. You can set the preference as well, and for that there would a separate option that you have to customize according to your convenience. you should select the option called "Flip on Short Edge" that you will get “beneath Print on both sides” option.

thanks for the suggestion guys but there is a problem with the printing as it just prints Upside down. How to change them?

I was also having the same problem, and if suppose we uncheck Flip on Short Edge option from advanced setting, it just won’t works at all, I have tried many things to get it resolved, but didn’t get any proper suggestion. Don’t know what could be the problem? Is there any way to change that as well?

Yeah off course you can do this, just follow the mentioned steps.

1- From the same application open file menu and select print.

2- As you open that the windows will appear and it will prompt you for selecting the printer so just select the one which you are using.

3- Then click on properties, there you’ll get the option to change the option from “Flip on Short Edge” to "Flip on Long Edge"

4- Then try printing again.

And as the above user mentioned you should make use of specified papers only.

Hey thank you very much as this is working very good without any glitches, you are the savior dude.