Thread: Getting general printer error with hp officejet 6500

Getting general printer error with hp officejet 6500

I am using hp officejet 6500 printer at my office and it is very nice printer with all the features which I required. From last some days it has started giving me some issues. Now whenever I try to print or scan anything at that time I get General Printer Error- (0x61011beb) and (0x61011bec). Pease tell me how to fix this issue.

Re: Getting general printer error with hp officejet 6500

As far as I know normally this error occurs because of the Carriage Jam and that is why I will suggest you to check in your printer that there is no unwanted paper inside the printer or around the cartridge area. You have to carefully open the rear access door of printer and make sure that there is no paper jam there. After clearing all the things attach the rear access door again and after that try to print again and then check whether same problem is coming or not.

You have to also make sure that all printer cartridges is properly installed. You have to press the power button of printer and after that open the carriage access door and you have to remove the cartridge and install it again properly and after doing that see whether your problem get solved or not.

If after trying above solution also If you are facing the same problem with your hp officejet 6500 then I think you should try to solve this issue by resetting your printer. If you want to reset your hp officejet 6500 printer then you have to follow these procedures. First you have to first turn on the printer and after that you have to disconnect all the cable from your printer and after that you have to wait for some time and then connect your printer cable again and then press the power button after few seconds if printer does not turn on automatically. Now after doing that try to print again.

You can also try to solve this printer issue by reinstalling the printer drivers. First you have to uninstall printer drivers from your system completely and after removing the printer drivers you have to restart the system and then install the drivers again and after installing the drivers try to print anything

I have tried to solve this issue by checking paper jam problem in my printer and when I check my printer at that time there was no unwanted paper in my printer. Now after that I have also tried to solve this issue by resetting the printer by following your given steps but that idea didn’t make any difference. Now after that I have removed cartridge from my printer and then installed it again and then all the things started working properly.