Thread: Total Reset of HP OfficeJet Pro 8500A - A910

Total Reset of HP OfficeJet Pro 8500A - A910

For this moment I am using HP Officejet Pro 8500A Plus e-All-in-One Printer - A910g(CM756A). I am noticing slight issues with this printer and I would like to make it proper as I first got it. For this I finally come across a decision on performing a full reset of this printer. The problem is there is reset button. What can I do and how? Is there any software or any hidden button for this?

Re: Total Reset of HP OfficeJet Pro 8500A - A910

There are different ways to reset printers depending on the models. I don’t know which one is suitable for you. You need to find it out by yourself.
    • When the printer is on, hold the "GO" button for 5 seconds. The printer will be reset.
    • Turn the printer off, hold down the "Cancel" and then turn on the printer while continuing to maintain the "Cancel" button, once the lights come on release the button. The printer should then be reset.
    • Turn the printer off, hold down the "GO" and then turn on the printer while continuing to maintain the "Cancel" button, once the lights "error" light release the button. The printer will then reset and start again in a state of "Ready."

There should be an option in your HP software for resetting the printer. If not you should check the HP diagnostics utility. There you will get the all kind of fix and answers for your issues. Whether you are using any network printer or any other, this utility has everything in it to resolve your issue. You should download.

Often when a printer has a problem, resetting this one (more commonly known as Cold Reset) can be very useful to see it can solve the problem. Be careful, be aware that a cold reset, reset all settings you have stored on the printer, such as paper sizes, or network configuration (IP address, machine name ...)
    For old printers with a monitor: It's pretty simple, turn off your printer, once it off hold down the "Go" or "Online" and then turn on your printer.
    For printers with a few newer control panel: Turn the printer off and turn on the when the memory starts counting from el press "Go" or "tick" (checkmark) until the 3 lights still lit then release the button. You arrive in a new menu here select the arrow up and down to navigate through this one, and select "Cold Reset".

None of this is helping to reset my HP OfficeJet Pro 8500 A910. There is no "GO" button. I am still getting a bogus "paper jam" message and cannot get the printer started again in normal startup mode. I am pretty sure that the software inside the printer is somehow hung. That is why I want to reset it.

Quote Originally Posted by jfl412 View Post
    None of this is helping to reset my HP OfficeJet Pro 8500 A910. There is no "GO" button. I am still getting a bogus "paper jam" message and cannot get the printer started again in normal startup mode. I am pretty sure that the software inside the printer is somehow hung. That is why I want to reset it.
    Many have reported that the paper jam issue happens due to the poorly designed black clutch at the left side of the printer (paper feed). And to fix this issue, some guys at hp support have suggested the below method, check it out in your case if it works or not:

On the left side of the printer under the dual ink packs there is a BLACK roller with a white cylinder gear inside it. I watched the printer try to reset it self about 10 times before I realized that the white inner gear was hanging up on the black outer gear. Blew out printer with compressed air. No change. Added a few drops of 3N1 oil on the white/black gear combo, printer went right in to reset mode and after about 5 min I was printing again.