Thread: Which is the best SSD drive to use?

Which is the best SSD drive to use?

First of all, I would like to tell you that I really don’t know Jack about SSDs and this is because I never had that. Considering this things in mind please suggest me that what can be the best value hard drive. Price does not matter but that should be of the best quality. I did some search on this and think that I should go for the SATA III drives but then also I would like to have some suggestion from you people. so if you have any good suggestion for me then please let me know that. I will be thankful to all the replies for this.

Re: Which is the best SSD drive to use?

My suggestion for you is to go for the Intel otherwise Crucial. These are the two brands that I trust the most and you will get many of the variety in this. so it will be better for you to take at look to these brand first.

If you desire to have the best performance then you can go for the Samsung 830 or Crucial M4 IMO. And if you see the 120GB versions then you will get that both in the range of the $210. Other than this Sandforce drives are also having good performance and that is faster as well but it is having the compatibility issues with this. There are news that it is solved now but I really do not believe to them. But don’t just go with someone's suggestions. See for the specifications of that and that will give you better idea about that.

I also think that the Samsung 830 series will be better for you. In the market there are more and more SSD, so many different brands. But in the end everything boils down to a controller, a little 'flash memory and firmware. Of course it is the controller to determine the most performance and features, and often to compare various SSD based on the same control circuit leads to almost identical results. Samsung seeks to offer services without annexing a rich dictionary of marketing, and therefore must use NAND higher quality product to offer an equally durable. The SSD 830 Series can be considered reliable in any case, the Korean company is one of the few that produces everything alone - memory, controller and firmware - and is thus able to keep costs under control.

OCZ has introduced Octane Octane and S2, two series of SSD controllers based on a dual-core ARM called Everest which are supported 512 MB ​​of DRAM cache. The important thing is the 8-channel controller which is very crucial to performance.

OCZ has introduced Octane Octane and S2, two series of SSD controllers based on a dual-core ARM called Everest which are supported 512 MB ​​of DRAM cache. The important thing is the 8-channel controller which is very crucial to performance. The controller also has the proprietary technology NDurance, which should extend the life of NAND Flash memory, minimizing the decline in performance over time. The Octane drives also offer AES support and automatic encryption of critical data. Octane SSDs have SATA 6 Gbps, and offer read performance up to 560 MB / s, write up to 400 MB / s and 45,000 IOPS random read. Octane S2 are considerably slower, as they have SATA 3 Gbps. This provide performance up to 275 MB / s read, up to 256 MB / s write IOPS random read.

SandForce ssd's are also not bad to consider. SandForce taken over by LSI Corporation. This is because LSI wants to improve its position in the server industry, where thanks to the SandForce controller can provide better solutions. LSI manufactures products already equipped with these chips, as the set of solutions WarpDrive with PCI Express interface.

OCZ has unveiled to the world series of Agility EX SSD which is a new line of 2.5-inch SSDs based on SLC system (single-cell level) and equipped with NAND flash memory chips.

I am uisng the Corsair Force GT 120GB. This is of very high performance. This is bright red with black label and graphics sought. In the package there is an adapter to assemble the disc in a 3.5 "slot to make it ready for use when used in a desktop PC. The form factors adhering to the standard 2.5" makes this a valid drive upgrade for notebooks and netbooks. Performance expressed in the synthetic tests are relevant and excellent. The protocols implemented in the firmware of the disc ensure a full recovery performance, when you write and delete multiple files, with no result in degraded performance.

Here are some of the most important point about Corsair Force GT 120GB which makes it more attractive.
    • Excellent build quality;
    • Coloring outside the ordinary that will make a breach in the modding enthusiasts;
    • Support Trim and garbage collection;
    • Excellent operational stability;
    • Peak performance in every area of ​​use;
    • Very sturdy aluminum body;
    • Excellent price / performance.

Thank you so much for your suggestions. I have decided to get the Corsair Force GT for me as that is seem to be the best for me. I read the review of this as well and that really sounds well.