Thread: Gigabyte GM-M6880 gaming mouse not working

Gigabyte GM-M6880 gaming mouse not working

Hi, I am hoping as somebody would help me with a problem I am having with this gaming mouse. I have seen some of other threads on some other sources but they doesn’t seems to be that effective rather they are just worthless.

The problem with the mouse are :

• When I hold down both mouse keys for a few seconds and the mouse swap between the 2 exactitude selections.
    • Apart from this when I hold down 2 mouse keys it won't permit a third to be depressed as it fails to register.
    • Thus I thought it would be because of the driver thus I installed it again but after that 2 side keys failed to work. It also didn't fix the above so it was just as easy to remove the drivers.

Any suggestion would be appreciated.

Re: Gigabyte GM-M6880 gaming mouse not working

Yeah I know this is the basic problem with this mouse, in fact this is the cheaper one that you have gotten I think. Because I was also having to many problems with the mouse keys and they were not even got solved after reinstalling the driver as well.

I think this might be the problem with the hardware because the thing is like when I got the problem, I simply update the driver to its most recent and after that I got it work again. are you sure that you have perfectly installed the driver in the machine, because it will not run properly until you install appropriate driver, as this models are very specific with the thins kind of contents, thus you should try to get the drivers again from the gigabyte and see what happens.

as mentioned by the above user they are very specific with the drivers thus you must have to install the one which is actually meant for the product you cannot use any driver with the mouse. And have you ever contacted gigabyte for this problem because when I was having the problem I had done the same thing and they told me to visit their support center for the testing the mouse, and after their testing I came to know that there was some issue with the mouse only, thus if you are also having some problem with the hardware itself then whatever you do with the software the problem will remain same.

I have the same opinion as the above user as you should make sure whether there isn’t any hardware problem, or else you can have option to claim the warranty as well if the product still in the warranty period, I have replaced my mouse before a month only, thus would recommend you the same thing.

I don’t know whether you have tried with the latest driver or not but still you can download the one from the below mentioned link,

http://gigabyte.com/products/product-page.aspx?pid=2896&dl=1#dl

See you should try all the above mentioned thing but along with that you should make sure whether the game that you are playing and with whom the mouse is not working, at that time you should ensure that whether you have made settings through the game as well. Because I had once made this mistake as all the settings we changed and thus the keys were not working in the game but after making them to their default I got the problem solved. So you should make the settings to their default and then see what happens.