Thread: How to Mount Shares Permanently in 'Storage Devices' using ASUS O!Play HDP-R1?

How to Mount Shares Permanently in 'Storage Devices' using ASUS O!Play HDP-R1?

You might as well get no reaction following running these summons. Since there is no reaction then they were successful. This is in addition handy so you never need to sort in your username/password AND you dont need to search through 50 organizers to get to your arrangement impart. It makes it much simpler and more convenient/faster.
    telnet to IP address of device. Login is root – no password. Then run these commands.
    Code:
    mount / -o rw,remount
     mkdir /tmp/ramfs/volumes/share
    Run this to mount it.
     mount -t cifs \\\\192.168.0.75\\MyBook-Videos /tmp/ramfs/volumes/share -ouser="Netuser",password="123",noatime
     Definitions-
    “192.169.0.75\\MyBook-Videos”    (this is the network share location you want to mount)
    “Netuser”   (change this to the username that has access to this network share)
    “123”    (change this to the password of the user above)

Re: How to Mount Shares Permanently in 'Storage Devices' using ASUS O!Play HDP-R1?

It works fine and chops route down on the number of levels to bore through. I have just no frills linux encounter and would be able to not consider anything on the network that I felt positive about utilizing, so I'll inquire. I have motion pictures on one outer drive and TV stuff on a second outer drive. It could be delightful to offer a mount indicate for my a few organizers 'Movies' and 'TV'. I speculate I would be able to have a share1 and a part 2, but in the event that I would be able to head over to a specific offer envelope and see them both, that could be helpful. Do you know how to do this? Moreover to B, What was your script and where did you put it?

Re: How to Mount Shares Permanently in 'Storage Devices' using ASUS O!Play HDP-R1?

I haven't attempted it on the O!play myself but you might as well have the capacity to do something in these lines...

Code:
    mkdir /tmp/ramfs/volumes/share
    mkdir /tmp/ramfs/volumes/share/tv
    mkdir /tmp/ramfs/volumes/share/movies
    mount -t cifs \\\\x.x.x.x\\tvshare /tmp/ramfs/volumes/share/tv -ouser="Netuser",
    password="123",noatime
    mount -t cifs \\\\x.x.x.x\\moviesshare /tmp/ramfs/volumes/share/movies 
    -ouser="Netuser",password="123",noatime
    Anybody who does more unix stuff could suggest their ideas more here.

When I turn my O!play on, my O!play wakes up my laptop NAS with an enchanting parcel and it brings about 30 seconds for my laptop NAS to get its plate offered out from its particular Win2k boot. So obviously I hold up 30 seconds following powering up my o!play to then penetrating down through the grid segments-my concern is, will the division moreover "hold up" 30 seconds then put forth itself or will it fall flat and not mount? Or will it just sincerely endeavor a mount with entered via the menu? Actually would like to see in the event that you (or different parts) have had any interaction of testing this.

It's been a while but I am able to now report once more with a plausible response. Underneath insight gathers you know how to utilize telnet, how to move around the record framework and ability to utilize O/S charges and in like manner ability to utilize 'vi'. The script called /usr/local/etc/rcS is typically read/write and just displayed at freezing boot (in different statements, just executes following mains capacity on) and not at continue from standby. The script called /etc/dvdplayer/script/run_tail is normally perused just and this displayed at both continue from standby AND approx 4 seconds following /usr/local/etc/rcS if booting from crisp (mains capacity on).

To make nas impart changeless:
    The stuff that accompanies is the way I Wake-On-LAN my NAS and create my division in O!Play changeless. It is dependent upon:
    • -My NASbox IP being 10.0.0.99
    • -My NAS mac location being 00:01:02:03:04:05
    • -My stake on my NASbox being called hit2tb (Hitachi 2 Terabyte)
    • -The Share name that will show up in my "Movies" offer post should be called NAS
    • -My NASbox takes approx 90 seconds from being woken on LAN to putting forth imparts for utilization

The document /usr/local/etc/shareNAS is what I made from what I have studied from different individuals on this discussion and little-modding gathering and will perform the taking after which is the way I would like things to work. In plain english, it will:
    1. -hold up 10 seconds for any working framework networking config to completion
    2. -send a wake on LAN indicate to my NAS box MAC location
    3. -mount the filesystem as read compose (so we would be able to perform the taking after)
    4. -unmount any old / existing mounts to my NAS box (so assets make a point not to top off as time marches onward which might head to OPlay slamming
    5. -and again, for great measure, unmount any old / existing mounts to my NAS box (so assets try not to top off as time passes which might spearhead to OPlay smashing
    6. -compose an organizer called /tmp/ramfs/volumes/NAS
    7. -slumber for 90 seconds while the NASbox boots