Thread: Error message "Disc does not meet specifications" in Samsung BD-C6500 blu ray player

Error message "Disc does not meet specifications" in Samsung BD-C6500 blu ray player

I don’t know what’s the problem here, what I am saying here is that I have tried playing a lot of blu ray discs in it and every time I do that I get an error message from the player saying that "Disc does not meet specifications". I don’t know where is the problem is it the problem with the disc or is it the problem with the player? Can anyone tell me what is the problem here, please do suggest me something on the same. I am waiting for the necessary replies for you all on the same and start suggesting me some good replies. Also if you have some suggestions by which it will help me troubleshoot the problem then do share it over here.

Re: Error message "Disc does not meet specifications" in Samsung BD-C6500 blu ray player

You need to upgrade it as soon as possible. That only would be the ideal solution for you, so go ahead and check out for the necessary update. Do connect it with the internet and check out for the update and do upgrade it that will solve the problem for sure, so that’s what you need to do over here. I don’t know this is a used to solution but somehow it has worked for me. so that’s why I am recommending you the same, do try it and let me know if that works out for you as well.

Re: Error message "Disc does not meet specifications" in Samsung BD-C6500 blu ray player

No that cannot be the situation since I am done with the necessary firmware upgrade for the player and that’s the not the problem at all for sure. If you do have some other suggestions for me then do let me know about it as soon as possible for me. I am waiting for the necessary suggestions from you all on the same, so do reply accordingly over here. I am sorry from my side that I did not mention it in the above question post I am extremely sorry for that otherwise you would have not given that particular suggestion. So start suggesting me something else.

I am using both the Samsung model BD 6500 & 7000 and I don’t know due to some strange reason the same problem exists only in Samsung model BD 6500 and not with the 7000, that’s the problem here, I never had this problem with the 7000 model and hence that’s the reason why I have not thought of replacing anything. Well I saw a good amount of discussion happening over here and hence that’s the reason why I came here and commented on it accordingly. Well I hope Samsung people are going through this and will surely come up with the solutions I suppose, that’s what I wanted to say here.

The temporary solution for this is that do a Power reset. That will be the solution that I can give you right now and that is the only one that seems to be working for the blu ray player, so go ahead and give a try for the same and I am sure you will get to see the blu ray player working. Well there has been no permanent solution developed yet for the same issue but yes I am quite sure that it will come up soon, so that’s what I am hoping for. Anyways do a power reset the issue will be solved on its own and that’s what I think you should try out at this moment of time, so do work on it accordingly.

Well I got the necessary solution for the problem, well it is not the problem of the firmware and not the discs. I don’t know the only solution that I have done is that I got it repaired from the authorized dealer and that’s the only solution that worked for me. so that’s what you have to do many of ym friends who have got this strange player have done the same thing after repeated attempts of trying with the different solution did not work at all. So that’s the last option that is left before me, I have done the same thing.