Thread: Having Volume Image Error with Samsung S2 external hard drive

Having Volume Image Error with Samsung S2 external hard drive

Hello friends I was using the Samsung S2 external hard disk, the size of it was 1 TB. I connected to it my system which was already having the hard disk indie of 500 GB. I always try to mount the volume of the external drive with the internal hard disk. As I was using daily, but I started to use from yesterday I was not able to connect or view the file of the external hard disk. It was showing the volume image error when I try to access it. It was have more than 300 GB space empty also. I wasn’t to access the external hard disk as it contain most of the data and I want you use it also. So guy please help me out with this problem; and also give some suggestion or ideas to get it solved.

Re: Having Volume Image Error with Samsung S2 external hard drive

I think you use your external hard disk daily. Have you tried to scan your system for any virus or anything that might be affected due to which you are not able to view the external hard disk? One thinks you can better try to get the folder read on to your computer. Try to scan your computer and check that it be attacked by the virus due to which it has not allowed or showing the volume image error. Sometime the virus disabled the external device so that you are not able to read them also. Just try it out.

Yes, it might be the reason according to the first user, said. But I think it might some other reason, if the virus might attack your system then it will show effects of it in some other part of the system too. Just unplug your external hard disk form your main system. In that you can see a reset hole which is been located near the USB connecting mode. Just take a needle or a safety pin, poke the pin inside that reset hole and then you try to connect to your system as the setting will be reset and you will be able to get the data to read. Try it might work.

Do you give your external hard disk to some else, like you give to your friends or some relatives? You use it one system and every day, or it is like that you keep it with you and use it on other system also. If you are using on other system then it might be the reason virus been attacked the external hard disk and you will be not able to see the data inside the hard disk. There are such virus which effect the external devices in such a way that you are will not able to see or not able operate it properly.

There is some disk in the external hard disk which might be got damaged to some particular reason, as it has happen with me. I was also using the external hard disk from a couple of years it was having different problem as it is same you have it. I have take it to a computer engineer he told that there is a sector in the hard disk which is been damaged and you be not able to view the data but by repairing you can get the data back on a CD. So I repair it and got the data back.

I am also facing the same problem, and I was surfing the internet to get solution for the same problem. I was not getting it then I looked the same problem which is been discussed over here. People also help me as I have same problem but the size of the hard disk is 500 GB, which is the half of the user external hard disk size. I have searched many site and also looked on many links and video to get any solution but I am not getting appropriate solution for it and I want the data back, as there some document in that which I need for my office use. so for the solution i brought the new external hard dish which supported and also works fine with too. this what i have done