Thread: Need information to binding the spacebar in Logitech G13

Need information to binding the spacebar in Logitech G13

I am having one query against this Logitech G13 gaminng keyboard. First of all this is really a nice keyboard for gaming and I am happy with it. But I am having one query against it. Can someone tell me how I can bind the command for the spacebar? I tried to find about this on an official site of a Logitech but I did not found any solution for it. So I want you guys to share your views and ideas about it with me. Thanks in advance.

Re: Need information to binding the spacebar in Logitech G13

Same issue with me I am agree with you that this is a nice keyboard but still I am unhappy with it because I am not able to bind any command for spacebar. While searching about this on internet I found something about it. And I tried with the all possibilities but still I am not able to fix this issue. And even I tried with those same things with my friend keyboard and it working on it. So I am not sure why it’s not working on my.

If it’s working on your friend keyboard and not with your gaming keyboard then maybe there is problem with your keyboard maybe your spacebar button is not working properly. So I would suggest you to send your keyboard to the Logitech support center if it’s in warranty. They will test it and resolve if it’s a faulty. I hope this information will help you to solve your issue. And if you find any fix for this then please share it with use because many people are facing difficulty with it.

I think there is difficulty with macro according to my knowledge you have to record your macro first and after that only you can bind command for your spacebar. Actually I am not aware with it but I found about it on internet I will try this with my friend keyboard and will let you know if it’s working on it. If it’s working then I will post the appropriate steps to perform it. in mid of that you find any solution then post back here.

I think you are correct I have to note the macro even I heard about this many times from my friends but I don’t know the steps. See basically what I performed I tried to edit command for spacebar button of my G3 keyboard and had the cursor within the top box as an alternative of the base. And after that at what time I change it back to spacebar so I just bind it with the space command but after that it’s not working. So that’s the main issue. So if you got the steps for it then please share it with me. I am out of ideas now I tried with the all possibilities.

HI I found the steps for it. Just go through the following code. Before that you have to record a macro at what time you press the spacebar resting on your keyboard, or even you can record a quickmacro by using MR Key. And then follow the script. I am sure it will work for you. Perform it and let me know it’s working for you or not.
    OnEvent(event,arg)
    If event=="G_PRESSED" and arg==5 then -- G 5 press => Spacebar
    PressAndReleaseKey("spacebar")
    End
    End

Hello thank you for your helpful reply. Overall it’s really a nice discussion. I tired with the above script and now I can bind command for spacebar so my issue is solved now. Other all of you try this script with your keyboard if you all are having same difficulty and see if it’s resolving or not. If it’s not then post your query here so we will be acquainted with the new difficulty regarding to this keyboard. Thank you very much all of you.