Thread: How to fix PSU Rattling?

How to fix PSU Rattling?

SILVERSTONE ST75F-P 750W ATX 12V is my new PSU. I have configured the PSU at the bottom of the case. There is a web on the base of the case intended for the fan to obtain cool air, against receiving air from within the case. I observed a rattling therefore I figured it was presently dust receiving into the psu as a result i flicked the psu so that the PSU now can face inside the case. Now the rattling seems to be un-noticeable. But sometimes I can still notice it. Is there any way to fix this? I think that its PSU’s fan.

Re: How to fix PSU Rattling?

The rattling sound is most likely, by vibration or shock, some cable is loose and is rubbing against the blades of a fan. If you dare, you can remove the power source, open it and review it. But of course, do so carefully and with all the necessary precautions to deal with a delicate electrical apparatus. If you dare, send it to a shop for inspection. To be sure it's that piece; you can mount your power supply on another computer to see if they still rings.

Options if you want to change the font of power by a new one:
    • Changing the fan: The fan of the source as you can change, but you should use a tool to tin solder, as the fan wires are soldered and connected.
    • Lubricate the fan: The fan has a sticker on one side, you remove it and find a rubber band, remove the rubber and lubricate the shaft with 3in1 oil or used for sewing machines.

Noise can also be due to the power supply fan has lost lubrication. Carefully uncover and see if boot time, it does well, or does so in fits and starts, and gradually accelerates and the noise disappears. If the latter, clean and lubricate (see the FAQs hardware: cooling), but be warned, this fan is about to die. The increase in sound may also be due to the fan increases the speed of their fins to compensate for the excess heat. Since it cannot compensate, the system is disconnected.

Probably most of its fan, I’d take the envelope, put rubber washers between the fan and the side of the case, then zip attaches the cables a little more. You should not be a shock as long as you do not go to dig into other components. I did a lot of tests or psu mods clear case without a shock. If I had to put the sound to something specific id say it was a wire touching the fan.

Well, disconnect the power supply across the pc, take it out, open it, you clean the fan well placed oil 3 to 1 on the little engine is at the center q and replace. Then put the source as I was and connected, turn on the PC and verify that it is no more noise, preferably keep open the PC case the noise was not the source. No need to change the power supply fan, are not damaged, other than that is affixed by welding at the source in most cases. Certainly looks good the actual values of the source is not good to have a source of less than 400W on a pc like yours.