Thread: Getting BSOD at win XP startup with 82801FR RAID/AHCI controller

Getting BSOD at win XP startup with 82801FR RAID/AHCI controller

In my dell dimension 8400 computer I have recently set the 82801FR RAID/AHCI controller and doe all the proper setting. Now after that i have decided to install windows XP service pack 2 in my computer. During the installation I didn’t get any installation but after installing the windows XP in my computer I get the BSOD error during the startup. Please tell me how to fix this. This problem is very annoying for me.

Re: Getting BSOD at win XP startup with 82801FR RAID/AHCI controller

As far as I know you are facing this problem because of the drivers are missing and if you want to fix this BSOD issue then you have to first install the Dell recommended drivers and after that installing the drivers check whether you are getting the BSOD problem again or not? I think after installing the dell recommended driver in your computer you will not get this problem.

Well I would like to tell you that if the Dell recommended driver is not helping you to solve this issue then you should first download the Intel drivers from the internet and after installing that drivers and after downloading that drivers install it and then check whether it makes any difference or not? Because as far as I know normally BSOD issue occurs due to drivers and that is why I am suggesting you this solution.

If you want to download the Intel drivers then you can easily find it from the internet and download it in your computer or you can also download the drivers by clicking here DOWNLOAD. Now after clicking here you have to click on the driver to and read all the instructions related to this drivers also. I hope after using this driver your problem will get solved and you will not face this problem with your computer.

After referring your above post I have try to solve this issue by installing the Dell recommended drivers but after installing the Dell recommended drivers also I am still getting the same problem with my computer. Now after doing that I have also downloaded the Intel drivers from your above given link and after installing that drivers in my computer also BSOD problem remains. Now please tell me what I should do to solve this issue. Please reply me as soon as possible.

I think you there must be something wrong with your hard disk and that is why I would like to tell you that disconnect the hard driver and after that take the backup of all the data from your hard disk and after that format whole hard disk and then connect it with your computer and then setup the RAID controller again and after that install the operating system again in your computer and then check whether you are getting the BSOD again in your computer or not?

I was getting the same issue with my computer even after trying the several solutions with my computer. Now after trying that I have removed the hard disk from my computer and then I have done backup of all my data in my laptop. now after doing that I have format the hard disk and then I have done all the RAID setting again and also installed operating system. Now I am not facing any issue.