Thread: disc configuration error on HP Touchsmart 300-1025uk

disc configuration error on HP Touchsmart 300-1025uk

Hey, I am using HP Touchsmart 300-1025uk from the last two years. Now it is out of warranty period and it is not booting. When I am trying to start it gives error as- boot manager not found. With the help of built in diagnostics, there is no fault in the hard drive but it shows having 3 partitions C,D,E but out of those two are not working properly. It is not appearing to hold any files. I am thinking that it is due to virus, I had tried for the recovery software but it not works. Can you please help me to get out of this problem.

Re: disc configuration error on HP Touchsmart 300-1025uk

I think, you should go for replacing you OS. Try to format your hard drive using the other operating system, I am sure that it will not give any error at that time. If you have only 100 megabytes then you need to partition your hard drive again. Because windows 7 will not fit in 100 MB. If you want to save your data files then try for recovery partition. Using the recovery partition you can save your important files which you want to save from deleting.

I don’t think that there are any virus problem with your hard drive, but if you think so then try to scan the partition using antivirus program, and before that make sure that antivirus is updated, if not then it will not able to scan for all viruses. I think the 500 MB partition which you are seeing is C partition. If you are using any partition drive then it might has the data in it hidden also. There are nothing problem with your partition size problem.

I was suffering from the same problem. Then I decided to use the HP procedure, it helps me a lot in the disc configuration. I will suggest you to take help of the HP procedure for configuring your hard drive. Use the Win7 upgrade disk to get command window and try to do bootfix and restore it from the hard drive. I am sure that it will work finally and it will also show you the value of making backup disc.

If your HP touch smart is giving error like ’ unable to restart fails to configure the disc’ then there will be problem with configuration of your disc. It is caused by Boot.ini file missing, if so then try to edit the Boot.ini file to correct the default entry. You can also take the help of windows setup CD to copy the Boot.ini file. Or check that partition path in the boot file is not set properly, if so then try to provide the proper partition path by editing the Boot.ini file.

Your system is given error to configure the disc then it might happens that Ntoskrnl.exe file is missing or it got damaged. I will suggest you to copy or repair this file using windows recovery facility, or you can copy this file directly from the windows CD. Or the last issue will be with your hardware failure. Make a check on your hard drive and be sure that it is not damaged, if so then you have to replace your old hard drive with the new one.