Thread: external speakers are not working properly in HP TouchSmart 610

external speakers are not working properly in HP TouchSmart 610

Hi, I am using HP TouchSmart 610 from the last few months. I love to listening the songs, for that I have bought a external speakers to connect my HP TouchSmart 610. It works fine when I connect it to the line out at the front site with the internal speakers. But when I try to connect with the line out in the back, it stop working, I did not able to hear any sound from the external speakers, also my inter speakers stop working at the same time. I need to know how I can change the setting for work internal + external speakers together.

Re: external speakers are not working properly in HP TouchSmart 610

Hello, I have the old HP touchsmart PC at my home. But I never found this problem. I have successfully attached the external speakers to it and now it is working fine. I think there will be some problem with your line out in the back of the cabinet. I will suggest you to check that your speakers pin is okay. Windows have the auto detect facility for the external speakers, this control provide facility to control only one audio device at a time.

Hey, I think that it is not possible. If you want to listen the songs from the external speakers then at that time your internal speakers will not work, since the window will only have control on the external speakers. So at the time when you plug the external speakers to your PC, that port will take the control of audio and will divert the signal from the internal speakers. So I will suggest you that use only one speaker at a time, or you can search on the HP help for the better support.

If you are connecting the external speakers to your HP TouchSmart 610, then at that time internal speakers will not work properly. Computers internal speakers get shut down when you connect an external speaker. If external speakers take more power to amplify the signal then it might happens that your internal speakers work at that time, it depend upon which type of external speaker you are using. But except I think it makes sense that internal speaker will shut down when system get connected with an external speakers.

According to me, windows have the functioning that when external speakers are connected with speaker port, at that time the internal speakers stop working. If you are connecting external speakers then no need to think about why internal speakers are not working at that time. I was having the same problem, and I searched about it on the HP official site for the solution, and finally I found the reason why my internal speakers are not working at the time when I connect external speakers to my computer.

HELP!! We bought Logitech speakers Z506 and they are not working properly. What to do?